• Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pros?
Cabin is a little larger than a Citation of comparable size, with a flat floor
Faster than a Citation of comparable size
Price point is a bit lower than a Citation of similar age
Rides turbulence pretty well

Cons?

Less baggage and range than its many competing airframes
Runway and climb performance can leave something to be desired (underpowered)
Can't lift a wing with a spoileron (crosswind landings can be a PITA)

IMO, the Beechjet does many things decently but nothing particularly well...

BU was spot on.

No such thing as a quick turn, both wings and aft fuel (trunk) have to be fueled separate. Trunk is foam filled so fills VERY s-l-o-w.

There are non-approved contaminated runway numbers that most operators use that will astound you. You don't HAVE to use them but even though they're non-approved don't think the FAA won't hang you with those numbers in an overrun accident.

Also need to mention range with anybody in it. Plan on taking fuel off with any more than 2-3 pax on board. There is a silver lining though, you won't want to sit in the airplane any longer than you have to so short range isn't a bad thing.

It's a small cabin airplane, does many things well but nothing great.

I agree with the two previous posts. We've been flying ours about 6 years. Decent-sized, comfortable cabin; good speed (we plan around 430 TAS), good avionics package. I really like the Collins EFIS/FMS and it's a solid autopilot. They nailed all the bad points. Baggage is a problem daily when you have more than about 5 people - especially if you have the freon air. I saw a BJ w/o AC and the baggage was slighlty bigger. You're looking at around 1250NM with full fuel and only about 900 with full people. Ours will take 3.5 people with full fuel. That .5 person is hard to find sometimes. And crosswind landings SUCK. Might as well be flying a MACK truck. I guess that's why the Air Force likes it to train for the heavies. Oh yea, don't forget the PRIST!

All in all, like they said, does OK for a light jet. We've just outgrown ours. Maybe looking into an XL or a LR45.

Good luck.

That is basically what I have heard all around. TRBojet if you would PM me i would like to ask you some more questions about the airplane.

Beechjets are CHEAP these days...you can get a 400XP in the low $3M ballpark, and a 400A in the $2-3M range.

most planes are cheap right now...so long as you dont have one to trade in.

New buyer or adding another to fleet can bring you some good deals!

BU was spot on.

No such thing as a quick turn, both wings and aft fuel (trunk) have to be fueled separate. Trunk is foam filled so fills VERY s-l-o-w.

There are non-approved contaminated runway numbers that most operators use that will astound you. You don't HAVE to use them but even though they're non-approved don't think the FAA won't hang you with those numbers in an overrun accident.

Also need to mention range with anybody in it. Plan on taking fuel off with any more than 2-3 pax on board. There is a silver lining though, you won't want to sit in the airplane any longer than you have to so short range isn't a bad thing.

It's a small cabin airplane, does many things well but nothing great.

Is this similar to a waveless H20 bed? I had one back in the day when I used to get action. Must be some serious kind of foam to hold up to Jet-A. By the way, the water bed used some kind of wool-woven material through out the bladder.

Latest resources

Back