Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PAPA FOX!

Super Bowl bound 2008!!
This article explains very well all the reasons why a privitized ATC system is a bad idea. The cold hard truth is pilots will skud run, fly into IMC without talking to anyone, and avoid Flight Service to save a buck. We simply can't let this happen. This is every bit as serious IMHO as the general meltdown of the industry we all endlessly vent about here. Please take the time to read this article.

The list is growing

Yeah.

ATC.
Health Care.
Prisons.
Social Security.

There must be others.

You know, the FAA has its problems but I still think American ATC is the best in the world.

I suppose I would support privatization if I thought a corporation could do a better job but usually what you get is less service for a higher price. Unfortunately this is probably inevitable as more and more people come to regard Government as the Problem and Corporatization the Solution.

More and more myopia.

mar said:
Unfortunately this is probably inevitable as more and more people come to regard Government as the Problem and Corporatization the Solution.

Yea, I'm sure people want comporatization after exxon-mobile among the other oil giants are hosing Americans and taking advantage of Katrina, the war on terror and increased global demand. That'll do a lot of good! Air safety is the job of the federal government. Period. As Rick Durden stated, you can't put a price on the additional lives that WILL lost should this happen.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back