Private Pilot

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Ryan

Ive been reading this board for 2 years now and finally decided to take the plunge and get my pilots license. Well Im happy to say that I passed my check ride today for my PPL. I know its only a drop in the bucket to most of you but I feel like I took a big step today. The only problem is that Im working on my MBA and I was well on my way to making the BIG BUCKS but now this flying thing comes along and.... decisions, decisions.

Thanks again to everyone for the great board.

Ryan

Congrats Ryan! Don't belittle it, man - it was a big deal to ALL of us when we got our private certificates!

And as far as I'm concerned, the money is irrelevant if you're not doing what you love. If you truely want to fly - do it.

Good goin' Ryan,

Earning your private license is the greatest feeling in the world. I remember that check ride better than any other. It is probably one of the more challenging rides because you are unsure of what to expect from the examiner and this whole 'aviation thing.'

You have earned your wings. Congrats!

Congrats!

Congratulations Ryan,

You should be proud of what you've accomplished. I bet you feel a huge sense of relief, yet kinda nervous as far as what to do/expect next. My advice is do what you'll be happiest with, it's as simple as that :)

Private Ticket

I got my Private nearly twenty years ago. I still remember the warm feeling and sense of pride and accomplishment when I passed the ride. I logged the flight back home as "First Flight - FAA Private Pilot Certificate" in my logbook.

I wouldn't put the brakes on getting the M.B.A. You can do a ton of things with that degree, in aviation and elsewhere. It is a terrific Plan B. I would first finish school and enjoy flying for a while. After you finish school, you can ponder your options.

Lots of luck to you.

Congrats, it looks like you gonna have to change the "ratings" portion of yer personal profile. :D

Latest resources

Back