• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Private A-380

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Diesel and Uranium in the interim, then fusion/hydrogen when perfected.

Drill off FL (live there and don't mind it) and in ANWR (been there...it's a wasteland) to supplement imports. Convert coal to oil at $50/bbl in quantities surpassing that of the Middle East. And go for oil-shale.

All doable with the enviro-nazis out of the way. It can be done cleanly and safe. And the side-effect is a more stabilized market and reduced imports from unstable regions of the world.

The guy said what he said, pissed off many New Yorkers, who exercised their right to tell the guy to pound sand.
Just one new yorker told him to pound sand. Nobody else made that decision.

One of the many women on his planes. I hear he goes for the high class, well educated types, (if it's the same guy who used to fly around in a green and white 767). Maybe I shouldn't start rumors though.
That was Kingdom Holdings airplane, and yes, his aircraft are very nice inside. The women come from a variety of backgrounds, are very well treated, and yes, some are highly educated. I know at least one who is an attorney.

The guy is self made? He's self made in the same sense that George Bush and Chelsea Clinton are self made. The fact that he's a Saudi prince is what set him on the path to success, not hard work.
Actually no, it's not. With thousands of Saudi princes in the country, it doesn't amount to much to say you're a "Saudi prince." In fact, his own heritage is largely from outside the country. Waleed is very much a self made man. I say that from the perspective of having spent time in his aircraft, with his people, in his compound, and studying the man, in his home country. Not at all what you might suspect from having read the occasional newspaper article over here.

I still see no reason to attempt to justify this man's comments.

I said nothing of justification.

Diesel and Uranium in the interim, then fusion/hydrogen when perfected.

Drill off FL (live there and don't mind it) and in ANWR (been there...it's a wasteland) to supplement imports. Convert coal to oil at $50/bbl in quantities surpassing that of the Middle East. And go for oil-shale.

All doable with the enviro-nazis out of the way. It can be done cleanly and safe. And the side-effect is a more stabilized market and reduced imports from unstable regions of the world.

Heyas,

I agree with you and all the others re:ethanol.

It's a terrible fuel. Even if you used %99 of the arable land in the US for ethanol production, you still come up WAY short and you have zero room for food production.

Even if you decided to go that way, to get the crop density to be even marginally efficient, you STILL need gobbs of mechanization (which takes, um, fuel) not to mention PLENTY of synthetic poop, which guess what? Its petrol based.

When you work out the plus and all the minuses, you wind up in an energy hole and are out of food to boot.

Hydrogen is only an energy transporter, NOT a fuel source. It takes ALOT of energy to crack water, compress it, cool it, and deliver it. Unless you are using nukes, all you are doing is pushing carbons to one spot, and wasting more of them. Wind or solar power simply does not have the energy density to do this.

If I was king, I'd:

Start producing lastest generation Nuke plants, preferably the latest generation 3 reactors, with plans to get the generation 4 plants online ASAP.

Drill the crap out of the ANWR and offshore. The hippies will just have to deal with it unless they want to ride bikes to the rallies, rather than drive their Volvo SUVs.

I'd put heavy money into fusion research. It's going to take some VERY heavy bread to go there, and even the most optimistic estimates put it 50 years into the future.

Nu

Drill off FL (live there and don't mind it) and in ANWR (been there...it's a wasteland)

Drill the crap out of the ANWR

I flew around in ANWR for a summer and would much prefer the oil companies didn't f--- it up.

"Environmentally sensitive" drilling? Yeah, right. BP rakes in billions per quarter in pure profit and they can't even perform basic maintenance in the pipeline. F-ing liars.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back