Printing logbook pages from Logbook Pro

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CHQ-FO

Anyone have any experience or suggestions for the best way to print logbook pages from this program? I printed a few pages and they look great in the Jepp format. My problem is that I can't find a binder which will attach the sheets in a landscape format. I would really like to print the pages on legal size pages so the entire row is on 1 page instead of 2, but I don't see that format offered. I see they sell a binder on the program but really don't want to spend $100 for it. Thanks in advance.

I've had this same issue. I refuse to spend $100 on some logbook cover. I know that you can export the logbook to a PDF format is you want to use another printer which may have larget paper available.

I talked with NC Software about this and they don't really have an answer either. As of now, they have no way to edit or remove (I never plan on logging baloon time) columns in the Jepp format. This would allow for everything to fit on one page, but it's not available.

Lame...

Anyone else have ideas?

I went to office Depot and bought the leagal size in landscape document cover for 5 or 6 bucks and a 2 hole punch for about 10. I used the LP style cause I couldn't get the TP and TJ times in a column.

It's in the binding section with the comb and ring binding systems.

I went to the Fred Meyer down the street and bought a picture holder with a metal frame that was perfect as a binder holder. Just broke the plastic backing off, punched some holes, and it looked great!

Upload your Jepp Style logbook as a PDF file, which Logbook Pro will do for you. Save it to a USB drive. Take it to Kinkos and have them print it on legal paper. When I did this, I think they had to tweek the size of the row to make it all fit on one page, but it turned out nice.

I printed to a PDF file, took it to Office Max (any place will do) and had them print it in Duplex (both sides). Just make sure you pick the option to insert a blank side at the beginning. Then I had them bind it in a comb style binder. That way I can add more pages as I get them. You can take your pages to them and they will punch the holes for free.

With the blank first side, I printed a title page with my name and info.

You can also adjust the margins on the pages, to get more entries per page. I realized this after I did the print. I could have saved about 30 sides of printing.

I purchased a nice leather comercial check binder, has 7 holes in it. took the whole ream of 500 pages to Kinko's and had them drill it too fit the check binder. I print pages as I need them on nice green Jepp green paper with pre-drilled holes. 7 hole paper is MUCH more durable than 3. Looks great and was cheap too!! Use 70# paper

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back