Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

gulfstreameric

Here is something I just run into.

Tried for a long time to print the Jeppview charts on my Mac. Always a hassle and never a solution.
Changed to Lion (10.7.2) and Acrobat Pro lately

As I run the Jeppview trough Parallels on my Mac to view the program, Jeppview is not native to the Macbook.

I run Lion 10.7.2 on my Macbook (late 2008 model).
Parallels 7.0 from the internet. (Virtual Machine running Windows XP with Jeppview installed).
When I am in Jeppview and I click on an airport code or chart in Jeppview, I click "Print"
That gives me the option to choose a printer in my Macbook side.

I can select e.g. all the charts of that airport in the Jeppview program.

Once selected print and then that printer of the (lion) Macbook side, a printer icon will appear in the dock Right hand Side. You double click that. The printer will be called. A printer window will open up of Lion.
In my case my printer is not connected so the dialog box says: looking for printer.
When I double click on the file in the printer window that needs to be printed, LION will open a preview window of that file. Which is the chart(s) that I selected.

Also preview gives me the choice to open with Acrobat (Pro).
I do.
Then when Acrobat opens, I see the charts and then I can save that in PDF format.
Now I have the file saved on my computer in PDF format.

It goes pretty quick
:)

Good Luck

Last edited:
Here is something I just run into.

Tried for a long time to print the Jeppview charts on my Mac. Always a hassle and never a solution.
Changed to Lion (10.7.2) and Acrobat Pro lately

As I run the Jeppview trough Parallels on my Mac to view the program, Jeppview is not native to the Macbook.

I run Lion 10.7.2 on my Macbook (late 2008 model).
Parallels 7.0 from the internet. (Virtual Machine running Windows XP with Jeppview installed).
When I am in Jeppview and I click on an airport code or chart in Jeppview, I click "Print"
That gives me the option to choose a printer in my Macbook side.

I can select e.g. all the charts of that airport in the Jeppview program.

Once selected print and then that printer of the (lion) Macbook side, a printer icon will appear in the dock Right hand Side. You double click that. The printer will be called. A printer window will open up of Lion.
In my case my printer is not connected so the dialog box says: looking for printer.
When I double click on the file in the printer window that needs to be printed, LION will open a preview window of that file. Which is the chart(s) that I selected.

Also preview gives me the choice to open with Acrobat (Pro).
I do.
Then when Acrobat opens, I see the charts and then I can save that in PDF format.
Now I have the file saved on my computer in PDF format.

It goes pretty quick
:)

Good Luck

That's what I love about Macs - They're so simple....

Spent so much money for my Macbook Pro, nothing left for the iPad 1 or 2.
Apple is for the rich.

That is thick with irony because Apple always cultivated their counter-culture, stick it to the man image (the man being IBM and all the businesses that used PC's). Now they ARE the Man.

Apple made 14 Billion in profit last year (good for them - I say). Aren't there a bunch of stinky hippies out protesting profit on Wall Street and around the country right now? As long as they can still tweet their anti-capitalist rage on their new iPhone 4s it's all good.

That's what I love about Macs - They're so simple....

Notice it's only when windows gets involved that it gets complicated...

Macs are more expensive up front, but over the span of their life they're actually close to a PC. The average PC lasts about 2 years, most people have their macs in the neighborhood of 4....

Notice it's only when windows gets involved that it gets complicated...

Macs are more expensive up front, but over the span of their life they're actually close to a PC.

Sounds like something an Apple employee would say. Windows PCs are only "expensive" if you assume a trip to Bestbuy every time you get a virus. If you use it properly and know how to use google if you have a problem, you should never have to pay anybody to do anything with a Windows PC. Look, I'm no fan of Windoze - it's not a well implemented OS. But there are a HUGE number of programs that are simply not available for OSX (like Jeppview). So if spending twice as much for a less capable OS is your cup of tea, go for it. I get it. OSX is "cool." And you don't have to worry too much with viruses (for now). But it is expensive... Especially when you factor in its capabilities.

Every OS has its issues. If you don't believe that, your drinking some company's koolaid.

What app do you use to print jepp charts from the iPad?

I think the iPad will print directly to certain wireless HP printers. I have an iPad, but don't have the right printer so I don't have any actual experience with this...

What app do you use to print jepp charts from the iPad?

Yankee, and ttflyer, to print charts from either of the Jepp Apps to a non-airprint printer, you simply install 'AirPrintActivator' on your Mac, and launch it. It automatically finds printers on your network (yes, your printer MUST be on your network).

Then simply choose Print from the Jepp app and the iPad will print to that printer.

Ultra

Latest resources

Back