Pria

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Skaff

Maybe I'll receive hellfire for asking this question, but I tend to overthink things, so here we go:

I'll be putting out apps to Majors soon. I requested my PRIA info from my current airline and they said they only give out 5 years of info to other airlines that are requesting info. 7 years ago I had a bad day in the SIM and got an Unsat., retested 2 days later and passed. Do I disclose this on applications, or is that considered off my record now?

Thanks for all the serious responses, and the smart a$$ responses better make me laugh.

I would disclose it. Even if it's not on your PRIA, it still may be in your training record, which a prospective employer may request as well.

Come clean.....explain it as a learning event on how to better prepare and note your changes have worked for 7 years.....

Never lie or omit.

Yes, do include it. I know for sure that at Delta, it isn`t too unusual to have a new hire pulled out of initial class and given the old "heave ho" for failing to include everything on the application.

Disclose it factually and if asked about it tell them what you learned and how your better in the long run.

Then if they hire you, you'll have a clear conscience and won't be worried about a follow up phone call.

Your angst is understandable and back in 1997 this would've been a real concern. Recruiters had grown used to getting clean records because the applicants were lying.
After a few months of wading through all of the poultry excrement they were getting from PRIA, especially the commuters, it started to carry less weight. It seems that it can only hold you up by not arriving and it is used to test your honesty.
Make sure you get a copy too. I once got something in the package that wasn't about me but the company's forms were so screwed up it was hard to tell. I was actually the check airman not the student.

Just more government BS. Military applicants ignore, you just need your DD214

Latest resources

Back