PRIA question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

northmountain

Does the PRIA (pilot records improvement act) paperwork go only to flight-related previous employers or all previous employers you've worked for in the last 5 years? From reading the statute I still cannot tell. If it goes to all previous employers (bill's bookstore) I'd like to let them know so the can expedite it. I would think the paperwork would be confusing to non-flight-oriented business. Thanks for the help!

I was a former college intern at a major and I worked in pilot recruitment and my main responsibilty was sending out PRIA's. These are sent ONLY to flying jobs and by law they must be returned within 30 days. Hope this helps!

Thanks Homer Jay. I should have read the paperwork in more detail. Talks about flight checks, line checks, military comp checks etc. No desk-job equivelents to those!

What action can be taken if a previous employer does not submit PRIA form within 30 days? I have a friend who left his last job on bad terms with the owner, and they held his PRIA form for nearly 60 days so he couldnt start work at his new job. I am worried about a similar situation for myself when i decide to leave.

Don't worry...the company requesting the records just must show proof that they requested the PRIA records, like a certified receipt...they don't actually have to obtain them (this from our POI, as I have a past employer who ignores PRIA requests).

Latest resources

Back