PRIA check

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

USA_Av8r

I went to work for a regional a few years back and decided it wasn't for me only after the first week (bankruptcy). I cut my losses and resigned. My question is, since I never flew or took any type of checkrides or test do I have to list it on a PRIA check or ten year background check? I did receive one paycheck.

Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks

I went to work for a regional a few years back and decided it wasn't for me only after the first week (bankruptcy). I cut my losses and resigned. My question is, since I never flew or took any type of checkrides or test do I have to list it on a PRIA check or ten year background check? I did receive one paycheck.

Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks

If ANY amount of training was completed, yes.

If not, no.

PRIA Check

The pria check is limited to 5years from the date of the application you are submitting. example: if it was 7 years ago, by law that company does not have to release or retain any information on you. hope this helps.

I'm no lawyer, but the way I understand it is that you only have to submit a PRIA form to a company that you attempted a check ride at said company. Ask 10 feds this, and you will get 13 answers.

Pria checks

The pria checks maybe going through changes as we write about them. I had a personal experience with pria checks because of a former employer. It was not a bad experience, just a learning experience. I requested information on the pria checks from both the FAA and AOPA. The information I received from both organizations are nearly identical. I would recommend every pilot obtaining this information for future use, and being well informed.

Pria checks

The rules clearly say within 5 years of working for an aviation employer, after 5 years all bets are off.

Latest resources

Back