• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pretty sad...thanks DS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh, and let's not kid ourselves here folks. If he DOES cancel his account, it won't be more than ten minutes before a new name happens to pop up as our newest member to FI.com

OK, so I just his email, and assuming it is authentic I really don't see what the big hub-bub is all about.

Think of it as a stage coach:

• Mr. Sokol has the reins in his hands, and Mr. Buffet has given him the road to travel and the time to be there. He can choose to run hard during the day and sleep at night, or push it all day and night and hope he gets there faster. Every choice he makes has to be carefully evaluated. He doesn't have the luxury of getting it wrong too many times. He has one or two people up there to look out for bad guys and maybe keep him company.
  • We (the employees) are the horses. We can only do what we can physically do. If he pushes us too hard, we'll breakdown. If he doesn't feed us and give us rest, we'll break down. If he never comes and brushes us and gives us a carrot, we'll hate his guts and eventually break down.
  • The owners are in the coach. They dont like bumps, hot weather, and they don't want to smell the horses "horsesh*t". They want their coach to be the nicest coach on the trail. And they don't want to pay full fair for their ticket. And they want some type of upgrade or amenity in the coach. (And the lead passengers wife wants a sparkling water with a lime twist... :laugh:)

Look folks, the company has changed from what it was 3 or 4 years ago, just as it has from what it was in 1995. That's the reality of life, regardless if it is business, or family... life changes. While we can all have our opinions on the state of the company, the moral, the new streamlining, in the end we cannot drive the coach unless the reins are in our hands.

I honestly don't see what the big deal is over this email. I kinda respect the man for saying whats on his mind.

Wolf

Well you can "think" of it as a stage coach,

and wonder how many jobs are out there for stage coach drivers... :p

Netjets is part of the service industry. A niche, high value, service provider.

Not a regulated utility, not an upstart electric car producer in low cost China with vast growth potential and limited realistic competition, not a capital goods provider, nor a commodity.

Service hints at relationships (<--DS doesn't like), and providing what the consumer wants & values...

Not any color as long as it's black... :smash:

While I understand the dislike of airing one's dirty laundry publicly....the content of this thread is an embarrassment for all NJA pilots - and it doesn't have much to do with the original poster.

The reactions to the original post are incredible. Never a peep about the wisdom of DS sending the letter, knowing (and intending) that it would become public. Sure enough, it appeared in the public domain right on schedule. Now enter a furloughed pilot who committed the horrible crime of clipping the letter from one website and pasting it to another. (Judging from the comments, most commenters mistakenly think CRJflyer wrote the post.) The cries for a public lynching of CRJflyer from people who should know better are truly amazing. Meanwhile, DS is likely having a good week: His message to ex-executives is out, and the union is properly warned to mind its manners. And, in a little extra benefit he probably didn't expect, his letter has led to insults and threats of firing within the collective bargaining group. It's humerous but sad to observe pilots attacking one of their own in a misguided effort to protect a CEO from his own words.

Last edited:
I don't think DS is gunning for any furloughed pilots ... The wisdom may be this. Maybe DS knew the letter would be forwarded to Alice. Maybe DS will file a lawsuit to discover who illegally forwarded the message... ala the Wired article I posted earlier. I am sure we will be reading about it soon if thats the case.

Somebody took the bait ....

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back