Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MMO 0.705

Hi All,

Anyone have a current price for Prestosim's Citation II recurrent? Also, Anyone get prestosim approved with their insurance lately? There was a thread a while back but I want a little more up to date information. Thanks.

Hi All,

Anyone have a current price for Prestosim's Citation II recurrent? Also, Anyone get prestosim approved with their insurance lately? There was a thread a while back but I want a little more up to date information. Thanks.
Heard some insurance companies and many owners/operators will not accept PrestoSim as a program training vendor. I'd check first. If you are planning to work as a contract pilot, definitely don't do it. Use CAE SimuFlite or FlightSafety.

And what seems to be the consensus in the contract world on Simcom? They have a good rate in SDL in a level B S550 and now I believe they have an Ultra in Orlando, as well as their flaky level C 550.

And what seems to be the consensus in the contract world on Simcom? They have a good rate in SDL in a level B S550 and now I believe they have an Ultra in Orlando, as well as their flaky level C 550.

Everyone around the world as far as I've seen over the past 10 years excepts Simcom. Even though its the worse training in the world, the instructors (almost every single one, not all of them) are the most lame guys around. They read the newspaper while conducting sim sessions, they talk about flying stories for complete 8 hour sessions of ground school, they take 1.5-2.0 hour lunch breaks, etc... Its actually hilarious. But for some its cheap in price and easy. Ok for recurrent I guess but I'd never recommend someone doing an initial there.

FYI, our insurance would not approve Prestosim for Initial's but would for recurrent's - check with your insurance guy before paying the 5-10% they want up front.

Everyone around the world as far as I've seen over the past 10 years excepts Simcom. Even though its the worse training in the world, the instructors (almost every single one, not all of them) are the most lame guys around. They read the newspaper while conducting sim sessions, they talk about flying stories for complete 8 hour sessions of ground school, they take 1.5-2.0 hour lunch breaks, etc... Its actually hilarious. But for some its cheap in price and easy. Ok for recurrent I guess but I'd never recommend someone doing an initial there.
It's this type of story that makes me avoid SimCom and training organizations like it. I hire a lot of pilots, and in many case, particularly in contract flying, you know little about them, other than the training and checking they have received. If I see CAE SimuFlite or FlightSafety, then at least I know what they have received in terms of program training. I can usually determine what they have made of that training in the interview process. But if I see that they have attended a course of training that is suspect on a qualitative basis, then that is a "red flag".

It's this type of story that makes me avoid SimCom and training organizations like it. I hire a lot of pilots, and in many case, particularly in contract flying, you know little about them, other than the training and checking they have received. If I see CAE SimuFlite or FlightSafety, then at least I know what they have received in terms of program training. I can usually determine what they have made of that training in the interview process. But if I see that they have attended a course of training that is suspect on a qualitative basis, then that is a "red flag".

I've been to all three of the training facilities, Simcom is worse by a huge margin. The other two are simply top notch, no comparison at all.

I got my initial CE-500 type at SIMCOM and this was not my experience at all. Can't speak to the Lear, Hawker, or FTD-based training, but I felt that my training was very good. Two instructors had lots of operational experience in the aircraft, and two did not, but all were professional and never read papers during a sim session. They even worked out several hours of additional single-pilot training in the sim for me, since I would be flying a 501, without additional charge.

I've been to FSI for two recurrents since then and am consistantly amazed that they get away with charging what they do. Do you really need to get a bagfull for crap EVERY time you go to recurrent? I always wonder how much all that stuff in the bag (and the bag) costs.

No matter which company, nothing irritates me more than having an instructor with zero experience in the aircraft teach recurrent to guys with thousands of hours in the plane. I could get the same info through a computer-based training program at home and it wouldn't cost $5K.

Latest resources

Back