Prep for the ATP Written

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Kingair1181

Right now I am getting ready to take the ATP written and I'm just going through the Gleim book like I did for every other written that I have taken. This has always worked well for me in the past and within a couple of weeks (a chapter a day and a few days to review give or take) I was ready. However, I am now in a time crunch. I would like to take the ATP written here within a week or so, but so far I haven't had much time to study the book. Are those 1 day crash course test preps at ATP and other flight schools worth the money or is it just a rip off? If I go to one how much reviewing should I do before hand? Anyone else know of any quick ways to cram for the test? Thanks.

I used the ASA book. At first, I was going to use your plan - study a little bit every day over the course of a few weeks. I found that because of the large amount of information information in the book, I was forgetting information by studying over the course of several weeks. I just bucked down and gave myself an entire weekend to study and took my test on the following Monday with good results.

Good Luck!!!

Week after next I'm spending all day Wednesday and Thursday going over the outlines on the Gliem software. Test Friday.

Most of it isn't bad...I've been studying on and off for over a year...the W&B/Flight Planning/Loading questions are basic plug in the number questions. The weather always gets me....

-mini

Latest resources

Back