• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

preowned SR-22's - price question

siucavflight

Back from the forsaken
Total Time
Um have you been following the economy?

J.Otto

Total Time
the market. take advantage if youve got the dough for a plane.

deadstick

Pucker Factor: HIGH
Total Time
e^x
Also, Cirrus sells at less that list price (sometimes WAY below). This has an impact on resale, too. It's just like what rental cars on the used market did to used car prices.

CaptSeth

Total Time
?
In 04, they upgraded about mid-way through the year to the G2 model, thereby reducing the value of the older aircraft. Significant upgrades were made, like to the engine mounts, the doors, some aerodynamic items. If I were shopping for one, I'd want a G2. You can get a decent one for 250 or so right now. Also, if you want a Flight Director, it'll need Revision 6 in the PFD/MFD, which is an upgrade. They weren't delivered that way until '06.

Pilot Doc

Total Time
Cirrus has had very good luck producing some serial upgraders. I know one guy who went from a G2 to a G2 Turbo to a G3 Turbo to a G3 G1000 Turbo. He's an extreme case, but there are a number of people who have bought two new Cirri in the last 5 years. Hence the used glut - which was apparent even before the economy tanked.

Northpilot

Total Time
1300+
Maybe you can get a cheap one as CAPT (Commercial Airline Pilot Training Program) at the Flagler County Airport, Florida is going under.I have seen this aircraft and they at in good shape with good maintance from what I have seen.