Premier Jet 1A Positives & Negatives

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
mannyaplus11 said:
I flew it for a few months in Southern Calif. Positives: Nice cabin, nice avionics.
Negatives: POOR range, my owner bit on the salesman b.s. that the jet would do 1400 miles. He wanted to go from Aspen to So.Cal. with his entire family plus luggage, we had to stop in Grand Junction for gas. No lie.
It breaks ALOT!!! The guy that I flew with is still there and he tells me that the jet has NOT gotten better with age.
Go to a Lear 45 or anything else.

Is it possible that the GJT fuel stop was necessary because of climb gradient out of ASE?

I have a good friend who's been flying one for over a year, and he HATES IT.
Despite being a new aircraft it apparently breaks every other flight, (A lot of problems with the ground spoilers and avionics). The range SUCKS especially with more than 3 or 4 pax.
This past weekend he was returning from Aspen to Van Nuys EMPTY (just 2 pilots on board) and they had to make 2 FUEL STOPS, one in Grand Junction and one in Las Vegas, and this was with a tail wind!
If you don't mind a plane that breaks a lot and only use it for legs of around 500 miles with 4 pax or less, I guess the Premiere is OK. If you are even thinking of going further with more pax I would suggest a Hawker.

Makesheepnervus said:
Despite being a new aircraft it apparently breaks every other flight, (A lot of problems with the ground spoilers and avionics). The range SUCKS especially with more than 3 or 4 pax.
This past weekend he was returning from Aspen to Van Nuys EMPTY (just 2 pilots on board) and they had to make 2 FUEL STOPS, one in Grand Junction and one in Las Vegas, and this was with a tail wind!
If you don't mind a plane that breaks a lot and only use it for legs of around 500 miles with 4 pax or less, I guess the Premiere is OK. If you are even thinking of going further with more pax I would suggest a Hawker.

I"ll back him up on that, true story. Same friend.

Makesheepnervus said:

On the positive side, at least you get to practice your landings...

Any other positive/negatives stories? I have heard only good things about using the Pro Line 21 system.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back