Pref for future XJ furloughs

Mysteryofflight

um.. #3 isn't starting
Joined
Apr 11, 2005
Posts
131
Total Time
plenty
Anyone know what other companies are giving prefs now? I've heard rumors about Horizon and Air Whisky but this is the 1st proof I've seen....

This is the Mesaba MEC pilot hotline for Tuesday, November 8, 2005.

For those pilots looking to improve their career outlook, we have secured preferential hiring for active and furloughed pilots at ExpressJet Airlines (Continental Express). To apply online with priority handling, follow these instructions carefully:

-
Go to link deleted, and fill out the online application. When your application is complete, you'll be given a reference number. Write this number down, then-

-
Go to link deleted, and fill out this application. You'll use the reference number that you got in step one above to complete this form.

-
You will need to paste a copy of your resume into these online forms. The formatting will get distorted- don't worry about it. ExpressJet realizes this is due to the online submission and it is expected.

The Mesaba MEC would like to extend our thanks to both the ALPA leadership and Management team of ExpressJet for their assistance in keeping our professional pilots flying. Please also see yesterday's hotline for information on preferential hiring available at Air Wisconsin airlines.

That is all for today. Fly Safe, and Fly the Contract.
 
Last edited:

xcr600

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 27, 2005
Posts
67
Total Time
x
you forgot to copy this part of the email.

"This message is copyright 2005 by the Mesaba MEC. Any further
distribution in whole or in part, without the express written consent of the
Mesaba MEC is prohibited. If you have any questions, feel free to email
MSAMEC@alpa.org."
 

Boondock Saint

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 31, 2005
Posts
61
Total Time
Plenty
xcr600 said:
you forgot to copy this part of the email.

"This message is copyright 2005 by the Mesaba MEC. Any further
distribution in whole or in part, without the express written consent of the
Mesaba MEC is prohibited. If you have any questions, feel free to email
MSAMEC@alpa.org."
LOL. :laugh:
 

NYCPilot

Incorporated.
Joined
Nov 29, 2001
Posts
645
Total Time
.00001
The instability in this profession is amazing......

Almost like major league baseball with all of the trades and player movement.
 

Terry Hunter

Silence!
Joined
Nov 22, 2004
Posts
297
Total Time
<0>
NYCPilot said:
Almost like major league baseball with all of the trades and player movement.
Yeah, but without being able to keep your seniority or demand a T.O. type contract.
 

Capt. JD

Waiting for Fast-Movers!!
Joined
Apr 4, 2004
Posts
292
Total Time
6200
Yeah but...

NYCPilot said:
The instability in this profession is amazing......

Almost like major league baseball with all of the trades and player movement.
Except baseball players can live off what they make... Plus getting movement for them can sometimes mean higher pay & not start back at first year F/O pay.
 

avrodriverj85

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 14, 2002
Posts
114
Total Time
9000+
Thats All for Today - Fly the Contract

Mysteryofflight said:

That is all for today. Fly Safe, and Fly the Contract.
I always thought that header at the end of every mec message, might as well have been the middle finger. As if to say, "we won't hold management accountable for anything they've agreed to in the contract, so get back down in the bowels of the ship, and keep rowing.
 
Top