Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pre Interview Dispatch Tests Did you take one?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Kittyhawk1048

The Judge
I was wondering how many of you had to take Pre-Interview dispatch tests? I had to take one when I interviewed at Airtran but not at some other places I have interviewed at.

If you did have to take a test what was on it? Just basics no details. Im asking because I have been out of "real" dispatching for a while and like to know what I need to brush up on

I interviewed at CO in December. There was a very basic 2 page quiz that took a total of about 5 minutes to complete.

When I was hired at OO, I took a written test that was also 2-3 pages.

QX has a written test, it is mostly based on a jepp chart.

The CO test was the one of the three that required the most experience. You have to read a MEL and a FOM. All of the answers were in the handout that was supplied.

Last edited:
My current gig we had a test. Some questions that I remember are just the usual stuff. What is 121.533? What are some factors that affect take off performance? What are the different types of fronts and what are their characteristics? When is an alternate required? What are alternate requirements for flag operations. Then some deriving alternate minimums with a few NOTAMs thrown in and a nasty forecast.

There were a few others but those were the big ones. At least the ones I remember

All the LCC/major interviews I've been to have had a written test as part of the process. Each has it's own format and is designed by that airline to test on whatever they fell is important in regards to selecting dispatchers.

I would say a decent review of the ADX Written should keep one ready, for most places at least a decent portion would come from the written - hell, maybe that should be a part of recurrent sleeping once employed, just a review of the written to see if you know what you should know.

The pre-interview test at DL is computer based (at least this was accurate back in 08 when I took it) and is divided into 2 parts. First is reading comprehension and basic math skills and the second half is basically a personality test. Both are timed and the results are not shared with you. If all goes well with testing, you will be invited back for a panel interview.

WN has a brief 2-3 page test that is given the day of interview. There is a time limit to complete the test and results are not shared with you. Basic dispatch knowledge of regulations, charts, and weather maps can be expected on this test.

Latest resources

Back