• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Practical purposes of comm maneuvers?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So...do you know why a lazy-8 can be flown perfectly with elevator input for only the first 45 degrees of turn for each half of the 8, and no aileron input after about the 95-degree point (just after starting the wings towards level) of each half of the 8.

I'll give you a hint...it involves static stability, dynamic stability, dihedral, pendulum effect, inertia,....

IMO, this is one of the big reasons to have this maneuver in the commercial PTS.

Fly safe!

David

smoothness, coordination, orientation, execution, and division of attention while performing the manuver :)

groundpointsix said:
Everyone has forgotten the most important reason for doing the commercial manuevers: Giving your instructor the chance to work for a couple hours and make some money so he can afford to buy a tank of gas and a jar of peanut butter.

Not at the flight school I work at. I get paid well, I fly my a$$ off and have access to a fully stocked kitchen. I eat for free!!!

BLing said:
Not at the flight school I work at. I get paid well, I fly my a$$ off and have access to a fully stocked kitchen. I eat for free!!!

Are they hiring? What's the pay/qol? haha

-mini

BLing said:

Yeah, I start after thanksgiving at a new school which will pay me enough to live off of. No mention of free food though...I should have negotiated for that. Doh! (Two more weeks...Two more weeks....)

Latest resources

Back