• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

PPL Study Guides

berooks

Total Time
300hrs
After a long layoff from lessons, I've decided to study and take my written before I start back up again.

I'm thinking about getting the Soprty's dvd's or signing up for the American Flyers online course. Anyone out there tried either of these? What'd you think if you did?

Thanks,
BR

ShawnC

Skirts Will Rise
Total Time
-5Z
I like the Rod Machado guides. its a simple guide that uses real world examples and humor to illistrate the ideas that you need to know.

Last edited:

Pilotadjuster

I voted for Pedro
Total Time
Jeppesen

I used the Jeppesen CD ROM course for the private test. Was very complete and prepared me well for the written. I was less impressed with their Instrument course.

As an economy aside--take a look at the Gleim books and CD test preps--used those for CFI tests and wished I had saved money on Inst and Comm....

Machado's books are the best! Unfortunately did not read his PP book until almost done with my CFI, but purchased it anyway, as it is a GREAT review resource. I especially like his basic aerodynamics discussions (4 forces on a car was good...).

Good Luck with your training!