• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

power line/pipeline gigg

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fly4beer--You aren't too old it's just that you have to realize the limitations your age puts on your career. These days, you may get stranded at a regional or you might make it to the left seat at SWA or FEX.

If you don't want to do anything besides fly, then do it and be ready to accept what the business brings. But, whatever you do, you CANNOT sit on your a$$ and wait for a good job to come to you. You have got to get out and beat the bushes and find work.

You also must realize it may be 10 or even 15 years before you "make it". It will probably be sooner but you certainly can't count on it. I "made it" 4 1/2 years after I got my commercial ticket. I have since had to "make it" again. But the point is, I kept trying.

Good luck.TC

it took me 2 1/2 years to get my commercial multi. in that time, a guy i started with became a flight instructor, got 1200+ hours and just got on with ASA. that's slightly depressing. he is nearly ten years my younger!! whatever, i'm debt free and thanks aa717driver for the pep talk. i'm defintely not being picky. some BAD news though!! i sent a resume to air cargo carrier for their pay for training program. i have windows xp...i didn't take the advise on THIS WEB SITE!!! and sent it as a word doc. HR emailed me (thankfully) to let me know they could NOT open the attachment. anyway...xp word DOES NOT always work with older versions. just heads up

PDF Files

fly4beer said:
...i sent a resume to air cargo carrier for their pay for training program. i have windows xp...i didn't take the advise on THIS WEB SITE!!! and sent it as a word doc. HR emailed me (thankfully) to let me know they could NOT open the attachment. anyway...xp word DOES NOT always work with older versions. just heads up

Justa thought for sending out resumes: Most any HR department would rather receive a PDF document, and it almost garuantees that they can be opened. If you go to http://www.cutepdf.com/Products/CutePDF/Writer.asphttp://www.cutepdf.com and download the free pdf writer and the free converter in the left column, then you can convert your Word files to pdf files before sending them to HR.

The software works like a printer. After it is installed, you simply Print the document and instead of selecting your normal printer, you select the CutePDF printer, then a dialog box will pop to ask what you want to name the file, and where you want to save it.

fly4beer said:
it took me 2 1/2 years to get my commercial multi. in that time, a guy i started with became a flight instructor, got 1200+ hours and just got on with ASA. that's slightly depressing. he is nearly ten years my younger!! whatever, i'm debt free and thanks aa717driver for the pep talk. i'm defintely not being picky. some BAD news though!! i sent a resume to air cargo carrier for their pay for training program. i have windows xp...i didn't take the advise on THIS WEB SITE!!! and sent it as a word doc. HR emailed me (thankfully) to let me know they could NOT open the attachment. anyway...xp word DOES NOT always work with older versions. just heads up

Yes it does if it's very basic.

Latest resources

Back