Potential NetJets applicant, questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Alchemy

Would I be wasting my time if I applied to netjets now?

I have no connections there.

I have 3600 total time, 800 jet pic, 1800 jet sic (ERJ).

I have no college degree, but am currently enrolled in an online program and am about 20 credit hours shy of a BS.

So....should I wait another 6 months or so and get my Turbine PIC in the 1200-1500 range or go ahead and send one in and see what happens? Is the no bachelor's degree a deal breaker? If so, I will just wait another year or so until I finish it.

Thanks in advance.

I have already tried FlexJet and never heard anything back.

Don't know about the four year degree, but it looks like you meet the minimums, so send it in! People have been hired with a lot less time than yours.

Would I be wasting my time if I applied to netjets now?

I have no connections there.

I have 3600 total time, 800 jet pic, 1800 jet sic (ERJ).

I have no college degree, but am currently enrolled in an online program and am about 20 credit hours shy of a BS.

So....should I wait another 6 months

I would apply ASAP. You meet the mins, that's all that matters. Don't ever worry about not being competitive, or wasting anyone's time, let HR worry about that stuff.

www.netjets.com

These are the minimums from netjets.com. These are hard mins, so if you do not meet these don't waste your time.

To qualify as a NetJets Aviation, Inc. (Citation, Hawker, Falcon, Gulfstream 200, Boeing aircraft) pilot candidate you must have the following prerequisites:

• Airline Transport Pilot Certificate (Multi-Engine Land)
  • Current FAA First Class Medical certificate
  • 2500 hours total pilot time
  • 500 hours fixed wing multi-engine time
  • 250 hours instrument time (actual or simulated in flight - excludes simulator time)
If you meet or exceed these requirements, send in the application. The sooner the better.

I only had about 500 turbine PIC when I applied early last year, But the process takes about six months so by the time I started I had almost 1100 Turbine PIC (I did have one internal rec though) If you think NetJets is for you I would get your stuff in. Its a great place to work and couldn't be happier.

Just like everyone else is advising: you meet the minimums, so you get your app and cover letter letter as soon as you can.

It's taking a while for them to work through the apps that they are getting, so submit your paperwork and keep logging hours and working on your degree while you wait. If they interview you sooner rather than later, you'll be ahead of the game.

Good luck.

so is your stuff in yet?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
as Nike says "JUST DO IT"

Thanks for the advice all. I have the instrument time, but just barely at 320 hrs including hood time. I will finish off the app and send it out tomorrow.

If you meet the mins, send it in now and then send an update every 100 hrs or so, or when there is a significant change (i.e. a new type rating or when you finish your degree).

Best of luck,

Latest resources

Back