Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Potential financial disaster looming for FedEx?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
But if you need it over night, whose your daddy? And yes You can Jump on FDX if you're CASS. But you must like arriving at 5:30 AM

~~~^~~~ said:
Fed Ex's biggest problem is that its service is more expensive and not nearly as good as UPS. Fed Ex has been playing "me too" for a long time now. UPS bought Mail Boxes Etc and now has a grip on those of us with small business accounts. The Kinkos stores are too big and too diversified to make handy shipping centers.

The worst part of Fed Ex is their ground staff. The people at the Fed Ex shipping centers are too focused on their internal procedures to care about customers' needs. The only small business people I know who are still using Fed Ex are those who just have not got the situational awareness to realize that UPS is a better, cheaper, product. For example lets say your Fed Ex shipment gets to the local distribution center early - will they deliver it early like UPS does? NOOOO, they hold it. Can you pick it up? Nooo. Could you pay more and go pick it up, Nooo. Once your stuff is given to Fed Ex for shipment they treat it like it is their stuff. Can we use our discounts with Fed Ex? Nooo. Hey, I just carried a Fed Ex pilot to Memphis - can we jumpseat on Fed Ex? Nooooo! Fed Ex should hire David Spade to do their advertisements.

At least Fed Ex employees make ASA's gate agents in Atlanta look like Dale Carnegie course graduates in comparison.

If Fed Ex loses the Postal contract, I think they might get into trouble. There is nothing so special about Fed Ex to warrant shipping rates 30% to 40% above UPS. Beyond that, did I mention that their service sucks?

I just wanted to be the first to offer my condolences on not getting the job at FedEx, or not getting the interview, or having your girlfriend that works at FedEx break up with you.

```````^``````

BTW, sorry to hear FedEx has been "playing you", really sucks to be you....geez.

Last edited:
you need to run for politics

~~~^~~~ said:
Fed Ex's biggest problem is that its service is more expensive and not nearly as good as UPS. Fed Ex has been playing "me too" for a long time now. UPS bought Mail Boxes Etc and now has a grip on those of us with small business accounts. The Kinkos stores are too big and too diversified to make handy shipping centers.

The worst part of Fed Ex is their ground staff. The people at the Fed Ex shipping centers are too focused on their internal procedures to care about customers' needs. The only small business people I know who are still using Fed Ex are those who just have not got the situational awareness to realize that UPS is a better, cheaper, product. For example lets say your Fed Ex shipment gets to the local distribution center early - will they deliver it early like UPS does? NOOOO, they hold it. Can you pick it up? Nooo. Could you pay more and go pick it up, Nooo. Once your stuff is given to Fed Ex for shipment they treat it like it is their stuff. Can we use our discounts with Fed Ex? Nooo. Hey, I just carried a Fed Ex pilot to Memphis - can we jumpseat on Fed Ex? Nooooo! Fed Ex should hire David Spade to do their advertisements.

At least Fed Ex employees make ASA's gate agents in Atlanta look like Dale Carnegie course graduates in comparison.

If Fed Ex loses the Postal contract, I think they might get into trouble. There is nothing so special about Fed Ex to warrant shipping rates 30% to 40% above UPS. Beyond that, did I mention that their service sucks?

Your information is a tad off. Yes, you can get a discount shipping with FedEx... it is the same discount I get as an employee - just show your airline ID. Yes, you can jumpseat on FedEx as long as your carrier is CASS'd and also up on digital photos.

As for the price and service, I think it is a close race, but I won't defend either company.

Goose17

Last edited:
~~~^~~~ said:
Nooo. Hey, I just carried a Fed Ex pilot to Memphis - can we jumpseat on Fed Ex? Nooooo!

Jumpseats:
1-866-357-5711. Reserve j/s between 24 and 2 hours prior to travel. CASS member.

Here is the number, now stop that bellyaching.:smash:

~~~^~~~ said:

Uhh, last time I check the investors and institutions thought differently..but what do I know? I'm just a dumb pilot:)

FDXOct 1888.09
UPSOct 1869.48

Couldn't disagree with you more on who the small business uses. I work at a small business that communicates/interfaces with other small busineses all over the country. There is a reason the FedEx truck is in front of our building 2 or 3 times a day, and its not because we lack situational awareness (we have no problem with UPS either). When you start cracking on the FedEx jumpseat, you really lose credibility. I'm betting you can jumpseat if you are in CASS.

Kudos to Fedex and their pilots, not a single hull loss for a looong time...

Hey guys, just my opinion.... Every time I have to go to a Fed Ex shipping location there is a long line, so there are people who disagree with me, or who at least feel that Fed Ex is worth waiting in line for.

Its a great pilot job, glad to learn you are in CASS, FDx stock has performed better than UPS and no, I have not applied to Fed Ex.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back