Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Rally

Hi,

Hopefully some xjet guys can help me with this. I have my first airline interview tomarrow and because of personal reasons I really can't attend the interview. Do they have a problem rescheduling an interview? I really want to interview with them but I just can't with my original date.Any input.

Thanks!

Dude, if you can't go, you can't go. Just call them and let them know; if you feel comfortable discussing the circumstances, then do so.

"she" will probably tell you to resubmit your stuff, go back to the bottom of the list, etc.

I had to do the same thing because I had a sick child. She rescheduled for me but told me it would be in my file. I went to phase three but did not get the job! I think putting off hurt me, but family is first! I will reapply. Do what you think is right. There will be more chances.

Ask your self if what you need to get done instead of the interview will mater in five years.

Then ask you self if the interview will mater to you in five years.

Make the call which ever it might be.

Wankel

Actually what it came down to is that I just did'nt have any time to prepare. I just moved across the country and I had less than 10 hours to sleep, add up and audit a years worth of logbook pages. Then from reading the gouges you had to be familiar with jepps I've never even used one in my life. It goes on and on. I'd rather postpone (if they'll call me back soon hopefully) and be prepared than go in there and waste theirs and my time. And what would be worse was making a impression that would be negative and reapply and they remember me from last time, kinda of like "if you were'nt good enough the first time your not gonna be good enough second time." In my belief they want to see some preparing for the interview and they are using that to see whether or not you'll make it in their training class. I just did'nt have the time.

Thanks

Good call, man. Get your logbooks up to date and keep them up. Fly IMC, get recurrent, and even spend some time on a PCATD if you must. Read up on the abreviations for the Jepps and brush up on your regs. Good luck when they call you up again. Don't sweat it.

Shy

Latest resources

Back