Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Possible roadblocks to getting the medical?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you are anywhere near Pittsburg you need to go see Pete Lambrough
412-604-2088

He is a a USAIR pilot and he will be on your side.

Corona said:
Every time I hear someone talking about how we need to put caps on medical malpractice awards, I hear or read a story like yours. Those doctors of yours don't need a medical practice; they need to push a broom or something for a living.
Amen to that.

Wankel7 said:
If you are anywhere near Pittsburg you need to go see Pete Lambrough
412-604-2088

He is a a USAIR pilot and he will be on your side.
See, my AME was about as unprofessional as they come. Upon completion of the exam, she demanded CASH(!) before she would even talk to us. Not a check, not credit, CASH(!). This is just one of the many things that pissed me off......

bobbysamd said:
You should join the Airline Owners and Pilots Association. You should join anyway, and, as a new student, now is a good time for you to join, but you should also join because AOPA offers confidential medical and legal counseling to its members. In other words, as an AOPA member you can obtain guidance regarding your question.
Thanks for the advise. My instructor gave me a card to mail in, from which I received a free 6-month introductory membership. I'm not sure if that entitles me to the medical counseling you describe, but luckily AOPA sent me a renewal form, which will grant me full membership.

Corona said:
Every time I hear someone talking about how we need to put caps on medical malpractice awards, I hear or read a story like yours. Those doctors of yours don't need a medical practice; they need to push a broom or something for a living.

Yep. Due to their malpractice (which I feel it was), I've had to endure much unnecessary physical and psychological suffering. Just imagine if those biopsys came back positive for cancer, or what if I had died? It ABSOLUTELY could have been prevented, as could've my 14-year ordeal. It's not like I never told my doctors there was something painfully wrong. http://www.managedcarereform.org/managedcarereform/lewis.html

Corona said:
Finally, and most importantly: Don't ever, ever, ever repeat to anyone in this business anything about having wanted to commit suicide, even when you were 14. That is a sure way to never having a pilot certificate. I hope you've gotten some counseling after feeling that way at such a young age.
Though I never actually contemplated suicide, the painful predicament I was in, at the time, led me to believe that such actions would not be so bad. Either way, you raise a very good point that I didn't think of. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. Lastly, my state of mind was never so far disrupted to the point of needing counseling. I'm thankful for that, and I can honestly say I no longer suffer psychologically.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back