Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Possible effect of Northwest bankrupty on Mesaba or Pinnacle??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BlackPilot628 said:
The weird thing is that I heard we're baseing 4 airplanes out of DTW. I would think we'll be going to SLC, CVG, and ATL.; maybe even MCO and LGA.

Four airplanes makes a base at CHQ? What does that work out to be, about 20 lines?

sweptback said:
Four airplanes makes a base at CHQ? What does that work out to be, about 20 lines?

It is only Temporary Base. The bid says, "Pilots awarded these vacancies will be temporarily based in DTW from approximately September 4 to October 15." I'm not really sure why they're doing this; as stated above I think it because of an agreement with Delta's Schedule during that time period.
We don't bid lines, we use the Pref Bidding system. (PBS) I'm not sure what the pairings will look like, but it shall be interesting.

Someone would actually "bid" for a new base with a month and a half duration?

You all have must have a very different understanding of what a "base" is than I do.

Are you all going to commute to this new "base"? Where will you live while you're there and who will pay for it? You?

This was once the motto for a few PNCL pilots...

Chicagopilot22 said:
I dont care about all the negative stuff, it happens at every airline. Im just excited to fly a jet in DTOWN

...now I guess it is the new CHQ banner.

HA!

surplus1 said:
Are you all going to commute to this new "base"? Where will you live while you're there and who will pay for it? You?

No. company is paying for hotel and 24 hour full per diem while in DTW. every commuter ive talked to is bidding to get this assingment. If I was a commuter i would be all over this one.

Rez O. Lewshun said:
Instead declaring what will happen to XJ and 9E, why not ask the Air Wisconsin and Indepedence Air pilots what happends to vendors when the primary declares....

Nothing will happen to Mesaba or Pinnacle, except that they will be used a a whipsaw against NWA pilots if there is a bankruptcy. Air Wis. and FLYI are apples and oranges to the way of things with the Red Tails. All red tails ARE COMPLETLEY CONTROLLED by NWA. We will do Exactly as NWA wants. There will be no breaking away or having NWA use someone else that they do not have complete control over.

It seems everyone likes to say "someone is coming to take your flying" anytime there is any stir up. Contracts are due every day all around this country. Like I have said before, that constant threat in itself between pilots helps to shape the downward spiral attitude that kills our unity to stand up for more. Back door threats, wether they are to spur conversation or bickering are detremental to every pilots carrer. If you keep saying that the sky is going to fall long enough, people will start to believe it, and act. They will not act as a unified group that fights for the better, they will tuck tail and run into a poor pay scale to keep the ENEMY from taking THEIR flying because they feel that is their only option.

surplus1 said:
Someone would actually "bid" for a new base with a month and a half duration?

You all have must have a very different understanding of what a "base" is than I do.

TDYs (Temporary Duty) are not all that unusual. Pinnacle used them several times this past year. It's a great deal for commuters. I don't know the particulars of the CHQ contract, but a typical TDY section would require a positive space deadhead to the new domicile, 24/7 per diem, and a hotel room.

The fact that you would even cite that as a reason is very troubling in my opinion of 9E pilots

The fact that you would base your opinion of 9E pilots from a few posts on a message board is troubling.

Monster Buck said:
Nothing will happen to Mesaba or Pinnacle, except that they will be used a a whipsaw against NWA pilots if there is a bankruptcy. Air Wis. and FLYI are apples and oranges to the way of things with the Red Tails. All red tails ARE COMPLETLEY CONTROLLED by NWA. We will do Exactly as NWA wants. There will be no breaking away or having NWA use someone else that they do not have complete control over.

It seems everyone likes to say "someone is coming to take your flying" anytime there is any stir up. Contracts are due every day all around this country. Like I have said before, that constant threat in itself between pilots helps to shape the downward spiral attitude that kills our unity to stand up for more. Back door threats, wether they are to spur conversation or bickering are detremental to every pilots carrer. If you keep saying that the sky is going to fall long enough, people will start to believe it, and act. They will not act as a unified group that fights for the better, they will tuck tail and run into a poor pay scale to keep the ENEMY from taking THEIR flying because they feel that is their only option.

Rhetoric... Your mantra evades the question and assumes you know what I am talking about.

When UAL declared they forced the ALPA groups of the vendors into concessionary contracts. NWA doesn't care who's name is comes before dba.

c-wood75 said:
No. company is paying for hotel and 24 hour full per diem while in DTW. every commuter ive talked to is bidding to get this assingment. If I was a commuter i would be all over this one.

Thanks. Now it makes sense. It's not a base, just TDY (temporary duty). Nice gig, except for it being DTW.

Latest resources

Back