• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Portable Printer

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Look at the HP H470. Somewhat larger than the Pentax, but it has Bluetooth connectivity (we can print from our Blackberrys), a great battery, and prints in color. We have an old flight bag that carries a Lenovo laptop, the HP printer, a small-footprint scanner, a floppy drive (for the GD FMC database updates) and random cables and stuff. I like that we can pull the HP out of the bag, hit the power button and start printing in about 20 seconds. You can find the ink cartridges pretty much anywhere in the states, though they are scarce in Europe.

We've been carrying a Canon ip90 on or plane for the last couple of years. It is definitely bigger than the Pentax above(which looks pretty amazing), but it uses regular paper and prints in color or black and white.

We've been carrying a Canon ip90 on or plane for the last couple of years. It is definitely bigger than the Pentax above(which looks pretty amazing), but it uses regular paper and prints in color or black and white.

We used to carry them at my airline, and the problem we seemed to have was the ink would dry out and stop printing.

We used to carry them at my airline, and the problem we seemed to have was the ink would dry out and stop printing.

Our last printer was a iP90 and we had the same problem with ink capsules drying out between uses. We had a whole sack full of spare capsules and seemed to need to take handfuls to work with us to keep the supply up.

I have had the printer for a few years now and haven't had that problem. The manual does state that you have to make sure that you turn the printer off before you unplug it to ensure that the cartridges don't dry up. If it's unplugged before being turned off the print heads don't properly park.

We have the ip90 on the Falcon and have never had a problem- the cartridges are difficult to find here in Europe and are expensive, but all in all it works well.

That's the one that I've been using for a couple of years now. I had an earlier version of the same printer prior to that for 5 or 6 years. I've never had an ink problem with them.

Latest resources

Back