Pop up blocker? (non-aviation)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Northern Lights

I'm sure that I'm not the only one that is tired of the annoying "pop-up" advertisements that appear while trying to surf the web.

So I was wondering if anyone knows of a good pop-up blocker program that they recommend downloading?

I did a search on google and there were endless options. Just looking for some input,

Thanks

N.L.

use netscape 7.2.

its free

it blocks ads

100% success with Panicware Pop-up Stopper. Very easy to toggle on and off when you need Java.

I'll second the google tool bar with the built in tool bar. Easy to download and use. I just downloaded it two days ago and haven't had one pop up yet.

You folks that are using other than panicware, are you getting any indication at all of a pop-up? For instance, all of my popups are blocked, but I see them for a fraction of a second before they go away. Is anyone using a method where you don't see the ad at all, even for a millisecond?

mozilla, is the only way to go

it's free

has built in pop up stopping where you dont even see the windows at all, but can have it play a sound and put an icon on the status bar to tell you a pop up was blocked so that you can then exempt that site from blocking if its one that you need the pop ups off of (such as login screens etc)

built in email program that's not susceptible to all the virii written out there like outsuck express is (unless of course your foolish enough to open the attachments that contain the virus)

email has built in spam filtering as well, it marks messages it deems as spam, and you can mark/unmark ones as necesary so that the program learns even more and does a better job of blocking spam so once your comfortable it's blocking most of the spam and not the stuff you want you can set it to automatically delete those spams so you don't see them in your inbox

faster and more stable than either IE or netscape

built in webpage authoring, don't need to know html code, just insert images, backgrounds set colors, put in text, and have it publish the pages to your site/server

i've been using mozilla for over a year, highly recommend it

anyone has any other questions about mozilla, pm me.

get mozilla here, enjoy!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back