Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

poor driving record disqualified from interview???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Beer Belly,
I think you took my post wrong. I am not saying you don't have to be qualified or prepared...just that knowing someone and a little luck helps. Nobody cares about violations 13 years ago or recently...if you can explain them...hence my mentioning the restraining order dude. He was getting hosed by his ex wife and was able to explain and prove it thus no problem. But as far as getting called (aside of being qualified as the other 10000 appicants), I stand by my statement that knowing someone and a little luck goes a long way.

your driving record gets clean after 10 years.that is, the points and the reason for them from 10 years ago or more go away and the files 10 years or older are purged. on top of that, only 3 year old infractions like speeding tickets are reported on record request ( like insurance companies and the like) but your points are still there. if you take a defensive driving class they will take 3 points off. you can take a class once a year. also, some cities and counties allowed you to pay 1.5 times the fine to reduce the infraction to a non moving violation( parking ticket) wich does not appear on your records and does not give you points.

your 13 year old tickes don't exist anymore, but if you want to be sure get your driving record from your local dmv office and then send out the notarize form for the national driver record registry request. both should be clean.

fosshizlepilot - I called a friend earlier today who works as an attorney. He said that all your speeding tickets are definitely gone since it's been more than 7 years now since the last one (3-5 years is standard, longest period for speeding tickets in any state is 7). However, the national registry might be a different case as first of all they keep their records for 10 years (you should be OK) AND the DUI which you pleaded down to reckless driving charge would go to this register (you might not be OK here). He said some reckless driving offenses stay on ones record for years if not for ever. Unfortunately, the only way you can find out is to do your own background check.

So the good news is your record should be squeaky clean except one item. Get it checked and then apply accordingly. Good luck.

Thanks for all the replies. BBB, Im not attempting to blame my "short comings" on a boogey man, just looking for some honest feedback pertaining to my particular situation. Just looking for the truth, thats all. Maybe you guys are right, I need to be more persistent and realize just how competitive the industry is right now. If AASlag can't get an interview then I guess I shouldn't be b*tching.

Latest resources

Back