• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Police: Pilot beaten in fracas with passengers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We can't get cops to the aircraft in ATL unless we agree to personally press charges. I guess that would be bad PR.

They must not like you guys.

I've never had that problem with APD. So far I called twice and they came and took them off.

We can't get cops to the aircraft in ATL unless we agree to personally press charges. I guess that would be bad PR.

I've found quite the opposite. Call Ground and ask for the APD. They'll be there within minutes. Tell them its a Security threat.

It sounds like you've been calling company operations which is a complete waste of time. Ignore them, they have no skin in the game.

I told them on behalf of George W. Bush and the United States of America that i would press charges against this guy for breaking several federal laws while in flight. At that point ops sent the APD.

Those 2 scumbags should not only serve serious jail time (sure it won't be their first), as well as have their asses sued.

I also hope the pilot doesn't suffer permanent eye injury which would end his career.

If all they charge them with is "assault and battery" it's not likely they'll face much jail time.

If they can get federal charges, all bets are off. But it sounds like the assault may have taken place in the jetway and terminal so I think that's outside the federal jurisdiction.

An individual on an aircraft in the special aircraft jurisdiction of the United States who, by assaulting or intimidating a flight crew member or flight attendant of the aircraft, interferes with the performance of the duties of the member or attendant or lessens the ability of the member or attendant to perform those duties, or attempts or conspires to do such an act, shall be fined under title 18, imprisoned for not more than 20 years, or both. However, if a dangerous weapon is used in assaulting or intimidating the member or attendant, the individual shall be imprisoned for any term of years or for life.

Latest resources

Back