Polar interview gouge

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi!

I know a guy who was mil, worked for 3 airlines, did corporate, and is now Atlas. He says Atlas is by far the best job he's ever had.

Interesting...

cliff
YIP

well, went to interview, went well, got the call for october class date. I know there is alot going on there, i think with the growth it will be a blast, seems the people i met so far are good folks, gonna take it and roll with it.

well, went to interview, went well, got the call for october class date. I know there is alot going on there, i think with the growth it will be a blast, seems the people i met so far are good folks, gonna take it and roll with it.

Growth? What growth, the fleet has shrunk from 15 to 7, over the past five years, with no plans for any more airframes, furthermore if the merger is completed, you're probably looking at a furlough, good luck with your decision

i know nothing is EVER written in stone. I have been in this business for a while. I know the pros and cons.sooner or later you have to take a chance and move on, if it fails OH well you move on,if it works you roll with it and retire. This is aviation, if you want security, then work for the government,(sad but true). thats why you get as many type rating as you can so if things fall to s_IT then you can at least fly and make some cash, to me its about a fulfilling a dream(good or bad), but i will say thanks for the kind words!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi!

From what I've read, and the Atlas pilots I know, the Atlas holding company is buying a bunch of new 747s and a whole new aircraft type. They want to combine the 2 seniority lists. I understand that the total number of pilots, combining Atlas and Polar, is not enough to staff just the 747s they are programmed for, much less the new, smaller, airframe.

I thought that the combined pilot group would lead to quicker upgrades and a lot more new pilots???

cliff
DAL

Latest resources

Back