• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Polar crews @ STN?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks all for posting such interesting responses. Cfire, your links are very enlightening.

My new question is, what if the decision in March is made in favor of the Polar MEC...and they are not compelled to begin merger negotiations?

Will that be the last we hear of a merger, or merely another "trip around the circle"?

Thanks all for posting such interesting responses. Cfire, your links are very enlightening.

My new question is, what if the decision in March is made in favor of the Polar MEC...and they are not compelled to begin merger negotiations?

Will that be the last we hear of a merger, or merely another "trip around the circle"?

If that event happens, Atlas and Polar goes on there merry way in separate Sect. 6 negotiations. To be played off each other as in the past as described in this flash slide show all over again ADR Panel Evidence. Click each image to continue to next. I'm not certain how the DHL will work out with Polars new holding company that was formed for it. DHL didn't buy Polar per-se they bought 49% of a holding company that own's it. What I have heard is not positive for Polar. More than likely, Polar will be shrunk down to do those Japanese routes as retaliation and the others ACMI'd to Atlas which still fits within the Alliance Flying arbitration and the last Polar scope arbitration. You'll probably be ok if your one of the top 1/3 - 1/2 of the captains at Polar. You'll still be one.

The Atlas union sent an official letter (I think in 4/06) stating it was ready for Sect. 6 negotiations to set a time line for the NMB and protect ourselves in case the merger didn't happen. The company responded that we were merging which followed with a PID and the establishment of protocols, seniority negotiations/arbitration. Polar didn't get "follow the flying" in the Harris(?) arbitration and then subsequent attempts to get that in the merger protocals. that led us to where we are now with the Polar MEC trying to prevent the merger. We are ready for sect 6 negotiations, but I think the best thing to protect jobs at both companies is to merge and stop this recurrent cycle of being played off each other despite the hate that exists between the groups.

Last edited:

Second one.

Geeze, I've been gone two years and nothing has changed

Welcome back, nothing much has changed, over on PPrune the mods are now shutting down all Polar / Atlas threads. There is just nothing new or constructive coming out of these threads, just the same old B**ching!

I have to agree. I still monitor them to stop any BS, but the main point is, we're just along for the ride. I don't know if AAWH has any clue of the end result?

Remember, Mondays are for good news. Should hear about the new planes tomorrow....or Tuesday....or.

I think they're waiting for offical listing on the ICAO registry.

Last edited:
Hopefully Monday will bring good news...I have alot of Buds who have served their time in STN and really deserve to get based Stateside again. They have done their time

Hopefully Monday will bring good news...I have alot of Buds who have served their time in STN and really deserve to get based Stateside again. They have done their time

I think we will be somewhat happy, although STN will still exist. I'll take anything we can get.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back