Polar/Atlas Recruiting

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The D is Denise.

Hiring has stopped at this time for both side though.

Of course that could change next week! Last press release said that both sides were fully staffed for now and barring unforseen attrition no hiring for a while.

I swore I'd never be one of those guys, but:

Ya think you got a shot getting a job flying a 747 in this market with a CMEL?! (not that I acted any different from the day I first got my commercial ticket)

I'm just wondering if you know something I don't: I've been sending my resume off regularly for some time without a nibble.

Best of luck, though.

Prove me wrong and I'll buy you a beer if you give me a letter of rec...

Yes interviewing has stopped till the Polar and Atlas list has been merged. I hope to get a call when things have been worked out.

sgu said:
Yes interviewing has stopped till the Polar and Atlas list has been merged. I hope to get a call when things have been worked out.

I don't believe this is based on any facts or a good source...just a rumor. I just interviewed and the Chief Pilot and HR said that this was NOT the case. There is a class Oct 31...training traditionally stops during the holidays...so classes and interviews resume the first of the year. They had planned on interviews in December...and they may wait until January...this is the reason...they are not waiting until the two companies are merged...I could be wrong, but this sounds like bad information.

I spoke to D. Cambone and she told me that hiring for this year is over and she told me to call her back January of 2006.:rolleyes:

Ya think you got a shot getting a job flying a 747 in this market with a CMEL?!
Not a chance. Unless your dad is the chief pilot.

Captain Monkey Suit said:
I don't believe this is based on any facts or a good source...just a rumor. I just interviewed and the Chief Pilot and HR said that this was NOT the case. There is a class Oct 31...training traditionally stops during the holidays...so classes and interviews resume the first of the year. They had planned on interviews in December...and they may wait until January...this is the reason...they are not waiting until the two companies are merged...I could be wrong, but this sounds like bad information.

Thanks for setting us straight :rolleyes: . What were range of flight times and experience in your interview group? Did you get the good word? Good luck!

Latest resources

Back