Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Cpt Oveur

I had the fish for dinner
I am wondering if anyone currently working for these companies could help me out. I have found the schedules on the Polar website for Polar flights and how to request the jumpseat both on Atlas and Polar, but I've never used them before.

I am looking at going from HKG (or SGN) to the states, and I've found Polar's 1-2 daily's to ANC, but anything on the Atlas side?

How often are those flights weight restricted, and if I were to be bumped, would I find out prior to showing up at the airport? Any tips, advice, smart comments, suggestions, please PM me.

Thank you!

The only way you would get bumped would be if there are lots of crewmembers on company dead heads....which is a possibility crossing the pond and back. Weight restricted..I don't think so....it's a whale!!!

The only way you would get bumped would be if there are lots of crewmembers on company dead heads....which is a possibility crossing the pond and back. Weight restricted..I don't think so....it's a whale!!!

Is that something I'd know ahead of time, such as when I make my jumpseat listing?

Most likely not. Pilot schedules change daily...sometimes hourly...and therefore at any given time the number of deadheaders is usually in flux. Most often there will be room but there's always a chance there isn't. Really, that's not that much different than jumpseating anywhere else. It's always a roll of the dice and chances here are probably much better than, say, United from Denver to San Francisco.

Latest resources

Back