Polar Air Jumpseating

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AeroDMB

Looking for info on jumpseating on Polar Air.

Right now three of us are listed on a Polar Air flight out of HKG to ORD. I've heard you need to meet the crew at the hotel to make it most convenient on the day of departure. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Also, any direct flights out of MIA-HKG?

Does anyone know the pilots flying on the 24th from HKG-ORD? I'd like to get in touch with them.

Just trying to make this process easy for us since we are clear across the world. Thanks for all the help.

Wanna hear about this too:)

Can't wait for some good time off to catch a ride! Make sure you post when you get back.

Hey guys/gals, quick question about Polar's jumpseating policy. I fly for Netjets. We, obviously, are fractional and will shortly be operating under Part 91K, but we have a 135 certificate, do many 135 flights, and all our crews are certified under Part 135. So would I be allowed to jumpseat on Polar?

Thanks for the info!

For you guys in Hong Kong you don't really have to meet the crew at the hotel.
My suggestion is to first call the Polar office in HK, 27696119 to check the status of the departure and make sure your listed on the gen dec. Then 1.5 -2 hours prior to dept time meet the crew in front of the information booth located in the departures area between doors 2 & 3. As far as the Net Jets jumper if you go on to the web site www.polaraircargo.com there is a link at the bottom, OAL Jumpseat Request, which states only for 121 & 135 carriers so you should be okay.

Latest resources

Back