Polar Air Cargo

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AceCrackshot

At the risk of appearing desperate, what's up a Polar?

I know they are moving and everything, but is there any hiring news, or operations news to report.

Trying to figure where to send you resume is an exercise in Kremlinlogy anymore.

Desperate? The line's out the door! In this environment it would be a very fortunate pilot who lands a job with them. IMO.

Well things are very busy at Polar. We are doing tons of military runs. I don't know the new recruitment info yet. I know we have some pilots swimming in the pool and I keep hearing a rumor that we are getting a new 400. So hopefully there will be some hiring in the future.

There are no new hire classes anticipated. The move to Purchase NY took place this weekend. Ops and Training has their hands full. I don't even think they've been assigned a New York POI yet. The last new hire class of 4 was hired in anticipation of some attrition due to retirements. It included 3 former USAirways pilots and a 727 Captain from a small carrier. 3 of the 4 had 121 Jet PIC. It is a buyers market right now. Most of the new guys I've met in the past year had 121 wide body or heavy PIC. With Emery out and USAirways on the slippery slope it has not been too hard to find experienced pilots. I doubt that I could even get hired on with my current credentials.

Every thing however, is subject to change.

Any rumors of a buyout of Polar/Atlas?

We (UPS) need heavy lift and the company isn't making any steps to meet this end.

Just wondering if there is any buzz out there. We'd love your routes and airplanes. (ah heck the pilots can come too) ;)

Fly Safe

That might be a nice thought there brown tail, but historically UPS has never integrated another pilot group into it's ranks. I have met a number of pilots that have been left out in the cold by that fact. Be careful with saying anything like that, you may instigate mass amounts of invective thrown your way.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back