Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Whale Rider

Unity is Our Strength
Polar Air Cargo to recieve four 747-400F's, all pilots to return to service! Thats the rumor. Anyone confirm????

I think Whale Rider is talking about the recent grievance filed by the Polar MEC Chairman Bobb Henderson making another attempt to get A/C and crews back via the grievance process. I can't remember which of the previous grievance arbitrations (Holden or Harris) that involved attempting similar that didn't get the A/C back but got the crews back pay until they are furloughed properly. The latter happening when the alliance flying stops and Polar gets an Atlas -200 to furlough off the remaining unnecessary Polar crews collecting checks while sitting at home. This is coming soon and is probably what prompted this new grievance to get what he didn't get in the other arbitration award.

I think the premise on the new grievance is on the post strike "back to work agreement" that I believe both management and the Polar MEC violated. Kind of like the pot calling the kettle black scenario. Curious how this will turn out. Maybe it is another way to attempt dragging out the Atlas/Polar merger also.

cfire

cfire,

I think it would be great news for Polar to get four new 747-400Fs, don't you?

It should be good for Polar and Atlas, since the goal is to merge the groups.

I'd be extremely excited if I heard that Atlas was getting four 747-400Fs, I can't see why Atlas crews shouldn't be equally excited about these prospects for Polar.

I'd be extremely excited if I heard that Atlas was getting four 747-400Fs, I can't see why Atlas crews shouldn't be equally excited about these prospects for Polar.

We're just more excited about getting the 747-8's over -400's, and we're just trying to figure why Bobbbbbbbb keeps trying to stall the merger process, I just want all this crap done and over with. let's move forward!

cfire,

I think it would be great news for Polar to get four new 747-400Fs, don't you?

It should be good for Polar and Atlas, since the goal is to merge the groups.

Yes I would, if they were coming from somewhere else other than the Atlas/Polar family back and forth. It's just that I heard some Polar guys talking about it in VCP a week ago which circled around moving them from Atlas to Polar again. Not new -400's.

I was perfectly happy to let time tell on this one until it showed up here as well as pprune.org in the ever so altered form as it was passed along and I thought I should put in what I knew about it from the ALPA side.

Just as a suggestion, I would recommend Polar/Atlas crews calling your respective MEC's to get the latest on it instead of reading my stuff or me publishing the grievance. That way those of each MEC can spin it what ever way they want to depending on who they are talking to.

"I'd be extremely excited"

There is no need to be extremely excited about anything this dodgy outfit does!

It appears that my earlier supposition was correct on the subject of this thread. It takes awhile, but Bobb H. confirms a number of other things such as the arbitration previously discussed, where the aircraft/routes (which even the company management admits to) came from originally and the announced Polar furloughs. Wish that it didn't cost @170 Atlas crewmembers jobs and those now at Polar that were hired to fill them when they were taken from Atlas during our negotiations, then subsequently returned to Atlas.

In streaming MP3 or here via their phone VARS 1-800-253-5671.

Latest resources

Back