Pocket PC's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

habubuaza

Hey all, I am wondering does anyone have any experience with pocket pc's?
I am actually getting tired of hauling my notebook around and was wondering about going to a pocket pc with windows mobile software. All I care about is getting on-line and reading certain applications. That's it. Any ideas, thoughts? Is the technology adequate or should a person wait and give it a few years still?

I think the technology is fine, but the limit is the screen size. It's a pain to always look at websites on a 3.5" screen. The software shrinks images to fit, so the quality is decreased as well.

It has its limits, but it sure is easier to carry around.

Thanks I am going to start looking at the Palm treo 700.

I use a Dell Axim x50v, as my laptop replacement. It works great - built in wifi, and bluetooth. Nice hi-rez screen for a PDA. Hell, I even have full length movies on it! I was a long time Palm OS user, and made the switch to Windows Mobile - never going back!

I have an Ipaq hx4700 which among other things I use to read email, use instant messanger, IRC, surf the web, listen to MP3's, use as a GPS, watch movies, etc. A lot of web pages now are configured for portable devices so everything fits on the screen well (BBC News is the one I use most often). I rarely if ever carry my laptop on a trip anymore.

Thanks for the feedback I will keep looking...

Latest resources

Back