PNT 22" computer bag

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

HulkHogan

ANyone using this bag, do you like it? I am wondering how much room you loose with it and if the computer pouch is removable for those days I dont want to drag the naked lady machine along.

My roommate has that bag and he regrets getting it. he says he looses too much space. And the laptop part in not removeable.

I have one and would get another one if I had too. You lose a little space, but I can still pack for a 4 day trip. It also beats carrying a seperate laptop case. Having a computer in your roller also makes it less likely that someone will be tempted to walk away with your prized possesion.

If I had to do it over again, I'd get the PNT without the pouch. It does take up more space, and the laptop is positioned so it is sandwiched between your flight kit and clothes. I guess it's not to big a deal if you don't "jump" your bag of curbs. Also, if you commute and you have to put your bag in the cargo compartment, you should pull it out just in case. On the plus side, it is handy not having to carry an extra laptop case. Just my .02.

I rarely take my laptop along, usually use the laptop part for extra uniform shirts, it keeps them a little better than the big place in the rest of the bag. Enough for a 4 day if I pack light.

Downside is that you can't put much in the side pockets or the bins in the RJ won't close. This probably applies to most PNT bags.

Whatever you do, DON'T buy the PNT add-on laptop bag. The problem is that, when you don't have your kitbag on it for commuting, the laptop bag doesn't touch the ground, so if you stand your bag straight up it will topple over backwards.

They REALLY should make some extension clips so you can let it touch the ground when standing straight up. Because of this, I don't even use mine anymore, I just carry a small light laptop padded zipper case with a handle.

Neither of their solutions seem to be very good for a normal regional guy who flies 4 and 5 day trips.

Thanks for the input guys. I dont think I am going to get that one anymore. Expecially if it tips over like that.

I think Lear70 was saying that if you use the add-on laptop bag without a flight kit , your bag will tip over. If you put your computer inside the bag, it stands up just fine.

Latest resources

Back