Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Please tell me why Sierra West Airlines?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MVSW

I was looking on climbto350.com today and saw this job post. Will someone please tell me why anyone would want to fly for these guys? You have to travel at you own expense to the interview and to your base. On top of this, there is a 2 yr. training contract. They want 1500TT?? I would think that pilots with 1500TT would rather go somewhere they dont have to pay thier expenses to the interview and dont have a contract.

Because too many people have done it for too many operators in the past. Its almost become the norm. Most of the shady freight operators do it. When your in an industry that people actually pay to play, its not so surprising... Its just sad...

I was looking on climbto350.com today and saw this job post. Will someone please tell me why anyone would want to fly for these guys? You have to travel at you own expense to the interview and to your base. On top of this, there is a 2 yr. training contract. They want 1500TT?? I would think that pilots with 1500TT would rather go somewhere they dont have to pay thier expenses to the interview and dont have a contract.

That post is three years old. What it does is underscore the arrogance of the day...that one would be shocked at an airline requiring 1,500 hours is increadibly naive. We recently came from a period of great hiring and opportunity...but that's not the norm in aviation. Throughout much of my career, 1,500 hours wouldn't qualify someone to open the door, let alone apply for or get hired with most airlines...even regionals. That pilots recently have been hired with under a thousand hours, even under five hundred hours, and that's not normal.

Today would someone be as concerned about a two year contract? No. Today many, including some who were arrogant enough then to thumb their noses at work, would be quite willing to take what they can get, because jobs aren't nearly as plentiful.

Latest resources

Back