• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Please read if you're Furloughed.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks for the info on HAL Jim. Strange that you can't jump on your own carrier. But that's certainly a positive move in the right direction! Hope you get back soon.

Fellow UALers,

I plan to inform my LEC and MEC of some of the info that others are posting here as far as the furlough ID cards and 1 year of cabin jumpseating. Like we all seem to agree, NO COST TO UAL for this helpful assistance to furloughed employees.

On the subject of jobs at the Mexican restaurant, have any of you ORD guys or gals knocked on Avolar's door right in your own backyard ? I would hand carry my resume in and ask that I be included in some of these interviews taking place. I know that there is no guarantee of a job for UAL furloughees, walking it in couldn't hurt. It just seems that there is not much feedback and maybe you could get some inside scoop ? Pass it along if you do ! I have heard that you do NOT need corporate time and they have just conducted interviews in Dallas this last week. Also heard that only 4 UAL pilots have been hired and not the 15 previously reported by our MEC.

Good luck to all.

Jeff

Last edited:
At America West furloughed pilots get medical, dental, vision, and unlimited pass privileges through Feb. 15, 2002. After that the pilot group voted for an assessment to pay for furloughed pilot's COBRA for one year. They will get limited pass privileges (for job search , relocation, etc.) for one year as well.

We have 179 pilots on furlough. Rumor has it that all will be recalled in the next 3 to 4 months.

P3 sure, appreciate you trying to get some visibility to our MEC/LEC on the issues of travel and other issues. Those guys are the MEC and LEC are just like you and I, but they need to be educated in order to voice our concerns. There are a lot of guys in ALPA that really appear to be trying to pull for us, but they have a lot of fires burning. The good thing is that we have a direct link to the family awareness committee that is doing what they can to try and help us out.

Cactus, thanks for the post. I sure hope that you return soon and that you won't need the funded COBRA. Any trend towards recalling pilots is certainly a good sign.

Just a quick question, lets say you are just above the fourlughed guys in seniority, would you at that point be at the bottem as far as seniority?

Yes, then you'd be at the bottom of the list. But I see that at least you get to tear around in Glasair III if you get the ax!

Oh god I wish, but I'm only a lowly Private Pilot, and the Glassair wasn't even mine. Its a really good plane though.

Just a lowly private pilot huh? Heck, I can remember that some of the best flying that I ever did, other then when I was flying AF fighters, was when I was just a "lowly" private pilot. Those were the days (not like I'm some old salty guy or anything), cruising around at 2 miles a minute with a map and compass. When I first started flying in high school I actually remember getting a road map out with my boyscout compass the night before to try and figure out EXACT headings to get from the airport over to near my house by the Rosebowl. I remember that I felt like I was really venturing out by leaving the practice area...especially in that **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**ed LA basin haze. Yes, I bet there's many a big shot jet pilot that almost wish we were just lowly private pilots again...without a care in the world. Now the world has got all muddied up once we started flying the turbine iron. So much for memories. Best of luck to you.

I am furloughed from Skyway airlines, but currently flying freight 135. I'm not sure about offline jumpseaters, but from what I hear, Skyway is allowing furloughed Skyway pilots to JS on Skyway, and pay the non-rev segment fee on Midwest Express. Only thing is that we too had to turn in our IDs and as far as I know don't have a furloughed ID, so we have to make the request via snail mail and it can take a few days to get the passes mailed back to you. I would like to JS from KC to Chicago and Southwest would be an excellent option for me. Do I have a chance as a furloughed pilot from Skyway w/o an ID, and/or a 135 ID to JS with Southwest??? Is there any other way to prove that I am a furloughed pilot other than with an ID?

I appreciate any information you might be able to offer!

Deskflyer ?

Do you have the website that is headed up by Roger V. ? I have been looking for it and cannot find it. Info for UAL furloughees.

Thanks in advance,

Latest resources

Back