• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Please Pay Attention

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh there is no doubt that the FBO is mostly to blame...but, had the pilot been vigilant, a lot of the mess could have been avoided as well. There's plenty of blame for everyone.

I think it is a safe assumption that a pilot that takes off without checking his fuel gauges isn't being vigilant.

at least you got a job.....be happy

I would have to agree, I have found my fuel not on board yet, but never asked the line guy if he put my fuel in another aircraft. I have many times had line service say they thought the other shift already fueled it.

I do love that we have to open the valves for ours to be fueled. Over the wing caps stay locked.

Last edited:
I am 100% positive, the pilot departed without fuel.

Yikes. And nearly every time we've been to HND we sit holding short for about 15 minutes. They must have had the nudie magazines out early. Regardless, you shouldn't foot the bill for being overfilled. That's absurd they even suggested it.

Too bad you couldn't depart with the extra ... very likely "FREE" Gas...

Nope. He took off and then returned...I know this for a fact. The line was very honest about their mistake...the person that did it came right up to me and appologized and then worked to fix the situation.

I am 100% positive, the pilot departed without fuel.

Wow, I tried to give him a chance, but wow. I thought I was the only guy that had that kind of luck. What an experience, can you imagine his pax? We are going back to where we came from because we forgot the gas!

Safe Skies

...Thats almost as bad as the Flight Options crew that Landed at Beechcraft Factory instead of their destination Col. James Jabara Airport located 2 miles north of the Beech Factory... How do you CYA on that one!?

Really?

What checklist, or procedure allows you to leave a fuel door unlocked? I'm sure the TSA would be happy to hear how easy it is to screw with your aircraft, or fuel.

Latest resources

Back