Please do not forget victims of Katrina

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SRJ

Please do not forget to give to the victims of Katrina. With all of the mud slinging going on in the industry, our problems are insignificant compared to the issues being faced on the Gulf Coast. To all the pilots and flight crews affected by Hurricane Katrina, we wish you the best in your time of need. To others, please do not forget to visit the Red Cross website and donate what you can. Our thoughts and prayers go out to all in Mississippi, Louisiana and Alabama.

http://www.redcross.org/

1-800-HELP-NOW

Last edited:
Give what you can

I agree, give what you can. Blood, time, money, clothes, food, water, etc...

Corp matching funds

This is the worst disaster I've seen in my lifetime (50 y.o.) - prayerfully the worst this country will ever experience...

MANY COMPANIES ARE DOING MATCHING FOR THEIR EMPLOYEE'S DONATIONS.

It would be prudent to check this out...my company is matching $1.50 to each $1 given...A VERY EFFECTIVE ARRANGMENT.

:)P3 IFT/C560 PPC

OK, I'm donating.. we've got the message. BTW, your postings had nothing to do with me donating...

My son (and I, since he's only 15) sell Buckeye Necklaces at the OSU football games. He is donating 10% of his gross sales to the victims. Through an nationwide organization called Peddlers Pledge, and they are matching 100% of all donations, and 100% of the donations go to the victims.

AirNet is also matching 100% of all teammember donations.

New Orleans Refugees to be Flown to Taiwan

Richard Fitsimmons (AP)

September 8, 2005

An official from the Taiwanese government said today that Taiwan is extending the hand of friendship to the Hurricane Katrina victims displaced from their homes due to flood waters. The government said that Taiwan would accept up to 1000 refugees to be housed in Taoyuan, a suburb outside the capital city of Taipei. The high-rise housing was generously offered up by Evergreen chairman, Chang Yung-fa, shipping magnate and multi-millionaire.

The government’s plan is to send chartered airliners from China Air and EVA directly to Louis Armstrong International Airport in New Orleans to offer sanctuary to some of New Orleans’ most intransigent holdouts who still remain in the city. “We’ve already anticipated the needs of these impoverished people during the transition to a different culture”, said an EVA spokesman. “The planes interiors have been specially trashed and spray painted and the galleys will be fully stocked with orange Fanta and Moon Pies”. Concerns have already arisen about moving refugees too far away from their homes. Some New Orleans residents declined sanctuary in California citing distance from family and loved ones. In response to this question, one Taiwanese government official stated, “I really don’t think there will be much of a transition issue. Everybody loves Chinese food and we’ve got plenty of red beans and rice. All we have to do is mix them together.”

As a further welcoming gesture, EVA chairman Chang smiled broadly, gave a cross-armed, double-V gang salute and said, “fo shizzle”.

Latest resources

Back