Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Please do help inform me. I don't want to have to overpay for travel goals.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flyinggoals24

To tell the truth I google airline prices daily to check for trends. My chief site is Cheapoair. I aspire to visit Phnom Penh in a few years. I looked at a flight called Korean air. Two days ago it was 767 to fly there from SFO. Today, it was 794. There's more though. I looked at the weekend right before the Superbowl this year and the price to fly to Phnom Penh from SFO was 480. What do you think the odds are that the prices will still be sub 500 by the time it's the weekend right before the superbowl? Or around there? I calculated it and the price went up like 1.4 percent already. I DO NOT want the price to go up that much annually AT ALL. Thus even IF there was a price increase I don't envision more than a 1.02% price increase annually. Isn't that right?

Well, no...but maybe yes though I'd rather not guess!

It all depends. You know, Fuel costs, ISIS, El Nino, lunar phases, if the CEO of XYZ is getting enough from his mistress or is going through a combative divorce or perhaps just cut himself shaving that morning or how badly their Airbuses are missing their defined performance parameters and how much the courts declared the compensation will be. And Red Tide, mustn't rule out paralytic shellfish toxin as a possible influence on airfare you know, can't be too careful...

It looks like you are trying to budget based on about the rate of inflation. That's not going to work with airline travel as energy (and food) costs are cleverly ignored in the inflation rate calculated by our government.

Also, demand for travel on those route sectors will affect the cost. If the demand goes up enough the price will go up...at least until a competitor is allowed to enter that market. And what amenities will that competitor offer? Will service be top notch, mediocre, Mixed Cabin or boiled, unsalted peanuts at minimum seat pitch in a single (ie: all steerage) configuration for 15 hours of trans-Pacific hell on Earth?

You're asking for a precise calculus to define an industry afflicted with too many variable and frequently operated in such a manner that pricing may be set either to screw the customer or the competition, frequently seeming to operate devoid rhyme or reason...

if you figure it out pm me, we could make zillions!

:D

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back