Planes clip wings at KDCA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
:laugh::laugh:

Ever notice that everyone driving a Buick Le Sabre is about 80 years old?

Hey-

Don't knock Ned's ride... At least he is nice enough to pick you up weelky over in LBB in his sweet Le Sabre...

-The way Ned figures it, giving you a ride is a small price for such an incredible hummer!

4 of our Finest East Coast Aviators run 'em together on a taxiway. Yeah those highly experienced Easties ... and 250 passengers bite the bullet. Wonder how those FLL PAX felt? Really what a bunch of knuckleheads. I'm guessing it is probably one or more of those 900 East Coast FOs junior to me in the 737 and the Airbus that were able to trade paint with each other -- maybe they should try furlough and I'd keep those Captains from hitting each other. Geeez. The East is a joke and is dragging the whole Airline under. "Close it up" is the best idea around and then let the East complain how unfair it was the Airline folded when they were the Majority.

It looks like you west guys will have to find someone else to bash for a day or two. It was NOT the fault of an East crew. However, I would be willing to make a bet that your integrity filled selves already knew that.

Courtney Prebich, a MWAA spokeswoman, said that the two planes -- a U.S. Airways
Airbus A319 headed to LaGuardia Airport and a smaller U.S. Airways Express
regional jet on the way to Rochester, N.Y. -- were in an area at the north side
of the airport waiting for their turn at the runway when the collision occurred.

The smaller jet -- operated by regional carrier Republic Airways -- was carrying
21 passengers in taxi mode toward the runway when it clipped the wing of the
larger aircraft and became lodged there, according to Andrea Rader, a
spokeswoman for U.S. Airways.

I think the incident you mention occurred last year.

4 of our Finest East Coast Aviators run 'em together on a taxiway. Yeah those highly experienced Easties ... and 250 passengers bite the bullet. Wonder how those FLL PAX felt? Really what a bunch of knuckleheads. I'm guessing it is probably one or more of those 900 East Coast FOs junior to me in the 737 and the Airbus that were able to trade paint with each other -- maybe they should try furlough and I'd keep those Captains from hitting each other. Geeez. The East is a joke and is dragging the whole Airline under. "Close it up" is the best idea around and then let the East complain how unfair it was the Airline folded when they were the Majority.

The 300 was being pushed at the time how exactly is it their fault? Can the west guys actually see whats going on behind their plane??? Just another thing for you to complain about. Keep wishing it goes under and guess what your job and all you friends on the west if you have any are out of jobs too.

Hey-

Don't knock Ned's ride... At least he is nice enough to pick you up weelky over in LBB in his sweet Le Sabre...

-The way Ned figures it, giving you a ride is a small price for such an incredible hummer!

Huh?

Nevertheless, at least with your mom she doesn't own a car....She just goes trailer to trailer to offer her services!:laugh:

If you are on the centerline and you ding someone that is your get out of jail free card. My former flight instructor always told me that, is it true?

That was the excuse the idiot at Continental used after he hit not one, not two, but three rj tails while taxiing. It didn't work too well for him, although the FO telling him to stop while the CA ignored him didn't help. Idiot.

DCA is a tight little airport. Just in the pat few years we have this incident, the one another poster mentioned where two planes clipped in the blocks of 19, and another incident where one aircraft was pushed back into another parked aircraft.

I am not making excuses, I am just pointing out a trend. Often at least one crew familiar with DCA is involved. This airport seems to snag multiple aircraft each year. Use some extra caution, taxi a little slower, and do your best to monitor your push crew's progress.

Latest resources

Back