• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Sandhawk

Waiting on Dec 13, 2012
Looks like a USAirways B737 & A319

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local-beat/Planes-Clip-Wings-at-Reagan-National-85682092.html

Planes Clip Wings at Reagan National

No injuries reported

By JIM IOVINO

Updated 7:48 PM EST, Sat, Feb 27, 2010

Two planes clipped wings Saturday morning while on the ground at Reagan National Airport.

Officials said the planes clipped wings on a taxiway at about 9 a.m. after one of the planes, US Airways Flight 2169, arrived from LaGuardia.

No injuries were reported, but there was enough damage to cancel US Airways Flight 1703 that was to leave for Fort Lauderdale.

Passengers headed to Fort Lauderdale were taken off their plane and were trying to rebook other flights to their destinations.

There were 91 passengers and four crew members on board Flight 2169.

There were 143 passengers and five crew members on Flight 1703. A US Airways representative said all passengers have been rebooked, some of them via Charlotte. The cause of the crash is still under investigation.

There was an accident in the parking lot at DCA too. Apparently, a Buick Le Sabre backed into a Chevy Suburban.

The door on the Chevy was dented.

That is all.

There was an accident in the parking lot at DCA too. Apparently, a Buick Le Sabre backed into a Chevy Suburban.

That is all.

:laugh::laugh:

Ever notice that everyone driving a Buick Le Sabre is about 80 years old?

That is all.

Maybe it was the same over-60 East FO driving the LeSabre that was on the "Clipper ship" that day..........

:laugh:

Last edited:
If you are on the centerline and you ding someone that is your get out of jail free card. My former flight instructor always told me that, is it true?

If you are on the centerline and you ding someone that is your get out of jail free card. My former flight instructor always told me that, is it true?

Depends, but I would say no. You are still responsible for see and avoid.

Say you see a large plane on a parallel taxi way, and you taxi your large plane down the parallel taxiway and clip wings. The feds are going to ask you "why the hell did you do that, if you saw him?" or you for some reason use a taxiway that is too small for the plan you are operating and clip something.

Even if you are on the centerline they could still get you.

Latest resources

Back