• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Plane 'Seconds from Disaster' Over London

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don’t know, descending on a false g/s into a mountain or a belly wound, its all semantics. Some of the places I fly into, checking the g/s signal is necessity, I don’t mean to down foreign atc but I don’t trust the g-wiz 100% and the towers could be manned by less than qualified personal. (Nice way of saying it)

Your right, too far off topic. Back to mesa sucks you pft'ers.

Last edited:
Not to get to far off topic. Glide slope errors have caused a lot of deaths; we all check the loc freq. But how many times have we ignored the crossing height at the dme/marker? Compliancy can kill you faster than a gun.

Usually, being compliant will keep you safe man.

Not to detract from the possible seriousness of this incident, but the article over dramatizes the actual events which took place by using very provocative words. I also found it odd that the airlines name hadn't been mentioned.

Ever have another plane fly in front of the glideslope beam, and the autopilot climbs or dives as it chases the fluctuating glideslope? That's probably what happened here. It's happened before, although it's never been considered "seconds from disaster" before. :rolleyes:

Not to get to far off topic. Glide slope errors have caused a lot of deaths; we all check the loc freq. But how many times have we ignored the crossing height at the dme/marker? Compliancy can kill you faster than a gun.

Great point. That is where you will go sh!t I forgot to set my altimeter.

Latest resources

Back