Plane lands on speeding Porsche

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Rolling-Thunder

http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/ns/news/story.jsp?idq=/ff/story/0002%2F20050706%2F1100827887.htm&sc=reodd

BERLIN (Reuters) - A German pilot and driver escaped unhurt when a one-seater plane landed on top of a speeding car at a little-used airport, police in the western town of Bitburg said Wednesday.

"It was a miracle that no one was hurt. There was considerable damage done to the plane and the car," said Klaus Schnarrbach, spokesman for the Bitburg police.

The driver was racing at 160 kph (100 mph) with 11 other members of a local Porsche club at the airport, a former U.S. air base, when the single-engine plane accidentally landed on his roof. The shocked driver slammed on the brakes, sending the plane crashing to the ground.

"The airplane managed to stay steady on the roof at first," said Schnarrbach, adding the pilot faced possible charges of negligence. "They probably couldn't have done it that well if they had tried," he said.

07/06/05 10:59

mattpilot said:
Your late :)

sorry bud gotta do it to ya

it's YOU'RE

where's tonyC when you need 'em

at least you sais your late not "im late". i never wanna here those words again, from a woman.

Kream926 said:
sorry bud gotta do it to ya

it's YOU'RE

where's tonyC when you need 'em

at least you sais your late not "im late". i never wanna here those words again, from a woman.

coco puffs.....

Can you count how many errors you got in your own reply? But that doesn't really matter anyhow - 'cause you made the same error i made with "your" :p

Last edited:
Kream926 said:

How about, "At least you SAID, 'your late,' not "im late"."

TIS said:
How about, "At least you SAID, 'your late,' not "im late"."
Don't questions usually end with a question mark? So technically, it should be, "How about, 'At least you SAID, 'your late,' not 'im late'?'" It gets tricky when quoting a quote with a quote in it.

Shy

mattpilot said:
Can you count how many errors you got in your own reply? But that doesn't really matter anyhow - 'cause you made the same error i made with "your" :p
Touché....

ShyFlyGuy said:
Don't questions usually end with a question mark? So technically, it should be, "How about, 'At least you SAID, 'your late,' not 'im late'?'" It gets tricky when quoting a quote with a quote in it.

Shy

They do in the real world, but this is the internet!
:D :D :D

Latest resources

Back