• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Plane lands on CA freeeway....happy ending

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Soooooooo......help me here, i'm confused...did the plane "stall" or did the engine "stall." Gotta love reporters. Kudos to the pilot though, he did a good job.

Ha yeah, the reporters. On the news last night the guy reporting made it sound as if the flat tire on the nose gear was also part of the cause. Derr...:rolleyes:

starchkr said:
Soooooooo......help me here, i'm confused...did the plane "stall" or did the engine "stall." Gotta love reporters. Kudos to the pilot though, he did a good job.

Engine,
The article says that "he lost the engine".

Alin...sorry about that, i should have extended my intent of extreme sarcasm with that report. The reporter says the "plane" stalled, and then later says the engine quit... plane stalling and engine quitting are two completely different things.

i think i need to start putting those little faces in my replies...

starchkr said:
Alin...sorry about that, i should have extended my intent of extreme sarcasm with that report. The reporter says the "plane" stalled, and then later says the engine quit... plane stalling and engine quitting are two completely different things.

i think i need to start putting those little faces in my replies...

oh...
Use the smilies when you are being sarcastic.
:smash:

I actually drove past the plane at about 1:30pm. That was a tough spot for him to land at, on a downhill corner. If he made it another 100 yards, it would have been a nice long straightaway to land on. Good job putting her down there. Although I am surprised the motorists let him land so easily.

Phoenix45 said:
I actually drove past the plane at about 1:30pm. That was a tough spot for him to land at, on a downhill corner. If he made it another 100 yards, it would have been a nice long straightaway to land on. Good job putting her down there. Although I am surprised the motorists let him land so easily.

well, what i would do if i were in such a position (pilots pos.), is i'd descend fast over the highway and bleed off my airspeed low over the cars. I would be flying faster than the cars, so those that i'd overshoot will most likely see me, slow down, and make room for me to land as my airspeed approaches landing/stalling speed.

Latest resources

Back