Plane just falls out of the sky!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
TheBigPicture said:
Tony....that avatar rocks!! I always have a hard time reading your posts. Hail to the Toe.
What is it about a chick's ass, those two mounds of flesh poop tumbles out of? :D

I went to an airshow while I was at college. The Marine Corps had a Harrier do a flight display. It was hovering just a few feet off of the ground in front of the grandstands where we were sitting when it had an engine failure. It made a hard landing and crumpled a few things. The pilot was OK.
Sled,

How long ago was that airshow? I saw the same thing happen once at an airshow, about 1975, I think. The airplane bounced about ten feet in the air after the first impact.

avbug said:
Sled,

How long ago was that airshow? I saw the same thing happen once at an airshow, about 1975, I think. The airplane bounced about ten feet in the air after the first impact.
It would have been sometime during between 1973 or 1974. It happened at the Provo, Utah airport.

'Sled

I was there. But I believe it had to be 76, because if I recall, it was the bicentennial. I think that was the last airshow at PVU.

avbug said:
I was there. But I believe it had to be 76, because if I recall, it was the bicentennial. I think that was the last airshow at PVU.
How about that! You'll probably remember me then... I was the one with the ball cap and sunglasses. :p Now that you mention it, maybe it was 1976. Boy has a lot of water passed under the bridge since then.

'Sled

I think I was the one in a tee shirt. And either shorts or bell-bottoms. I don't recall.

I think that was the show that had both the blue angels and the thunderbirds in the F-4's. The blue angels were in A-4's. I seem to recall Art Scholl there, and Duane Cole, too. That was some time back, but I do remember the Harrier bouncing. I recall the PA anouncement that the pilot was fine, all that was hurt was his pride. I remember thinking, I seriously doubt that.

avbug said:
I think I was the one in a tee shirt. And either shorts or bell-bottoms. I don't recall.

I think that was the show that had both the blue angels and the thunderbirds in the F-4's. The blue angels were in A-4's. I seem to recall Art Scholl there, and Duane Cole, too. That was some time back, but I do remember the Harrier bouncing. I recall the PA anouncement that the pilot was fine, all that was hurt was his pride. I remember thinking, I seriously doubt that.
I remember you now...
You were the one with the bell bottoms, the waffle stompers, and the mutton-chop sideburns. Wasn't Bob Hoover there? I remember watching his Aero Commander act, but it may have been at a different show. Funny, I remember thinking that guy's got to be hurting after slamming that thing on the ground that hard. Oh well, small world eh?

'Sled

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back