• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

I.P. Freley

I like people food
WHAT KIND OF AIRPLANE IS THIS???

Anyone? Please? Can't figure this one out.

Martin 404

N-Number: N636X

Did an N# search and found:

Serial #: 14135

Year:1952

City: WILMINGTON

State:DE

Zip:19810-4902

Manufacturer Model :MARTIN 404
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALSO:

N Number: 636X
Serial Number: 14135
Registered Owner: SKYLEASE INC
City: WILMINGTON
State: DE
Zip: 19810-4902

I find it impressive and strangely pathetic (I fall in this category)that within a few hours of posting a vauge question, you guys managed to name type of aircraft and all the reg. information.

Keep up the good work.... ;)

--03M

Hey, the 404 is a Convair imposter so I know how to tell it apart from my plane.:D

BTW, don't waste your hard-earned $$ on this flick. Uninspired and overly cheezy.:rolleyes:

Interesting.....

Never paid attention to the plane number - I think my attention was more focused on Kelly Preston and Gwyneth Paltrow's tight little skimpy outfits. :p

I think we'd solve airline problems if we had F/A's like that in those kinds of uniforms. ;)

Thanks for the answer, gang.

I'd thought it was likely a Convair, too, but found two significant problems with that theory...

First, the top of the vertical stab on the Convairs is rounded, yet the airplane in the film had a more squared-off tail.

Secondly, it appeared the airplane in the film had recips, yet the Convairs are turboprops (or so I think).

In any case, I have to agree, Gwyneth is much more interesting than the airplane... Yet I know Gwyneth when I see her, and not the Martin. :)

Convairs were originally all recips. The first ones were competitors to the Martins. The turbine convairs (580, 600, 640) are converted recip airframes - they ALL started out with radial engines at one point.

Speaking of skimpy outfits in the cabin, anybody know what the new Hooters Air F/A's are wearing?

Latest resources

Back