• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Plane Goes through Fence at KBDR

PURPLEHAZE21

Total Time
69+
Live local and just heard a PC-12 went through the rigid barrier fence at KBDR...Was this Alpha flying ? If so, I hope everyone is alright...

fischman

Total Time
If it's not AF, do you still hope everyone is all right?

jonjuan

Honey Ryder
Total Time
3,000+
Official says all uninjured

http://www.wfsb.com/news/19734110/detail.html

STRATFORD, Conn. -- A plane made a crash landing at Sikorsky Airport on Friday morning.
Airport officials said a mid-sized plane had an issue with landing and crashed into the "blast fence" on runway six.
The said the crash had occurred within the 8 a.m. hour.
Officials said seven people were on board the plane and that they were all uninjured.

o2bflyn

Total Time
>40
Airport officials said a mid-sized plane had an issue with landing and crashed into the "blast fence" on runway six.

Sorry, this just strikes me as funny/dumb media comments.

"had an issue with landing".....REALLY??? What did you expect?

"Well Jim, the pilot said it was the best landing he had every done......until he hit the fence."

PURPLEHAZE21

Total Time
69+
Actually, I know guys that work for Alpha Flying...I choose not to call them in the event it was them. Also, I am still glad nobody got hurt....Get some real experience before you make a stupid comment.

glasspilot

Total Time
9K'ish
....Get some real experience before you make a stupid comment.

Hey calm down. Re-read your first post. You said,

"Was this Alpha flying ? If so, I hope everyone is alright..."

The logical conclusion is that if it's not, then you hope everyone is NOT alright. We all knew what you meant, but fischman simply pointed out your poor grammar.

A better response would have been, "yeah, I guess I worded that wrong. I hope everyone is okay."

Relax, life is too short.

fischman

Total Time
I don't know man, I was just trying to be funny. And I did a damn fine job too!!!

johnsonrod

Total Time
8000+
Hey calm down. Re-read your first post. You said,

"Was this Alpha flying ? If so, I hope everyone is alright..."

The logical conclusion is that if it's not, then you hope everyone is NOT alright. We all knew what you meant, but fischman simply pointed out your poor grammar.

A better response would have been, "yeah, I guess I worded that wrong. I hope everyone is okay."

Relax, life is too short.

Just admit it, your joke was a bust. I understood what he was saying the first time.

glasspilot

Total Time
9K'ish
My joke? Are you kidding? Hey retard...I was..I just...Oh boy.

Nevermind. Let's just say the Thread Starter said something worded dumb, fisch said something funny, I stepped in to explain and you said, "ding fries are done".

I never made a joke here. You are simply a dolt.

Last edited:

glasspilot

Total Time
9K'ish
I understood what he was saying the first time.

I guess that would fall under the part where I said, "we all knew what you meant"...

Are you a fast reader where you miss stuff or do you wear a helmet?

glasspilot

Total Time
9K'ish
Just in case you miss the "ding fries are done" reference (being dim witted and all) here is the back story:

Ding Fries are Done Link

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Hung Start

Just the cleanup guy
Total Time
enough
Sorry gang, but I don't see the humor in this. A good aquaintance and a hell of a freight dog was killed hitting that Fu*&*$#* GD fence back in the early 90's.
After flying his check run to Boston, he picked up a full load of pax in ACY and went back to BDR. Burst into flames. No survivors.
Just got married. Sad.
Same rotten fence.
Some good people you just don't forget.
Hung

Taildraggaah

Total Time
7000+
Looks like they needed George's "special short field" technique, oh I forgot that only works on 11300 foot runways...

fischman

Total Time
My joke? Are you kidding? Hey retard...I was..I just...Oh boy.

Nevermind. Let's just say the Thread Starter said something worded dumb, fisch said something funny, I stepped in to explain and you said, "ding fries are done".

I never made a joke here. You are simply a dolt.
At least we all agree that I am damn funny.

rattler

Total Time
You should be trying to learn from this and should not be making jokes. Accidents can happen to anyone, including you. The PC-12 is an excellent short field performer, so I am suprised to hear of an incident of this nature. I am thankfull no one was hurt.

Last edited:

fischman

Total Time
You should be trying to learn from this and should not be making jokes. Accidents can happen to anyone, including you. The PC-12 is an excellent short field performer, so I am suprised to hear of an incident of this nature. I am thankfull no one was hurt.

What else should I be doing?